Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceuf

HSC
Also any tips on impressing teachers in a school captain interview. It's tomorrow and I'm starting to freak out a little.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
The key is to be as self-centred as possible. That's hard for any normal person but you basically got to just tell them about EVERYTHING you've done to contribute to the school, even the smallest things. Then bs those small things into big things by expressing how that thing effected your peers, teachers etc. Just exaggerate everything to make yourself sound good. Everyone will tell you that you just have to be as modest as possible, but trust me the teachers will only pick those whose list of contributions just go on and on. Use assertive words, don't use "I can", use "I will" instead. Also try to minimise the stuttering and umms, instead just stop completely and think about what you have to say. It's quite an easy interview if you just say the right things in the right way.
Good luck, hopefully you get it so we can be fellow school caps XD

Graceuf

HSC
The key is to be as self-centred as possible. That's hard for any normal person but you basically got to just tell them about EVERYTHING you've done to contribute to the school, even the smallest things. Then bs those small things into big things by expressing how that thing effected your peers, teachers etc. Just exaggerate everything to make yourself sound good. Everyone will tell you that you just have to be as modest as possible, but trust me the teachers will only pick those whose list of contributions just go on and on. Use assertive words, don't use "I can", use "I will" instead. Also try to minimise the stuttering and umms, instead just stop completely and think about what you have to say. It's quite an easy interview if you just say the right things in the right way.
Thanks. :) I'm usually quite shy with teachers but I can bs like crazy so I'll bank on that. Any tips on how to impress the entire school of my awesomeness in 45 seconds?

And congrats on captain. Hopefully I'll be able to join you in a few weeks. :)

UnbiasedProductivity

The lurker.
HSC
That's basically what I did in my letter to the principal. Just wrote all about the leadership stuff I've done in the past, and how I can handle the duty of a Captain. Then I went and screwed it up by signing it with my nickname. (Ikr, why would you do that?! I am so stupid at times.) That gave a bad impression on the principal. Oh well, still got the interview to persuade them.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Thanks. :) I'm usually quite shy with teachers but I can bs like crazy so I'll bank on that. Any tips on how to impress the entire school of my awesomeness in 45 seconds?

Throw lollies and chocolate at the end, guaranteed success

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC

umm, be funny, say something funny but don't try too hard. Just explain what you can do for the school. You'll be fine

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Tell them that everyone gets free KFC on fridays. The school will be at your feet

Graceuf

HSC
Throw lollies and chocolate at the end, guaranteed success
I honestly don't think I'm close enough to throw food at them. I'm also not sure if the whole school votes for captain. I've never done it before but our school grounds hasn't done speeches before so it may be a year of firsts.

My approach is basically tell them my name and that I'm cool then walk off. But seriously what can I actually say in 45 seconds to get my point across?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I honestly don't think I'm close enough to throw food at them. I'm also not sure if the whole school votes for captain. I've never done it before but our school grounds hasn't done speeches before so it may be a year of firsts.

My approach is basically tell them my name and that I'm cool then walk off. But seriously what can I actually say in 45 seconds to get my point across?
then throw cash lol

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC

Just flash for 45 seconds. If you dont become captain then, ill give you my right testicle

MilkyCat_

HSC
I disagree.
If you have done enough for the school then the teachers should already know who you are.
Instead talk about why you are a good leader and what you will do if you get the position.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I disagree.
If you have done enough for the school then the teachers should already know who you are.
Instead talk about why you are a good leader and what you will do if you get the position.
Well the team that chose the captains at our school was 3 random p&c ladies, the principal who has only been here for a year, and this years captains (who i know). So i pretty much had to spoon feed everyone what i have done

ICanDoIt_23

HSC
Just be your best!
Be confident and determine!
And basically just talk about what kind of leader you are/will be for the school!
Goodluck!
Smash it! :)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Yo do you guys get money if your in the leadership team? Cause at our school, we got 200 each. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)