Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Yeh i dont know how much our dux gets. Im pree stoked, ima go buy myself a weeks worth of wicked wings

ICanDoIt_23

HSC
Hahaha I'm just curious... Though I know it's not the most favourable subject to talk about! haha

blackbird_14

HSC
The key is to be as self-centred as possible. That's hard for any normal person but you basically got to just tell them about EVERYTHING you've done to contribute to the school, even the smallest things. Then bs those small things into big things by expressing how that thing effected your peers, teachers etc. Just exaggerate everything to make yourself sound good. Everyone will tell you that you just have to be as modest as possible, but trust me the teachers will only pick those whose list of contributions just go on and on. Use assertive words, don't use "I can", use "I will" instead. Also try to minimise the stuttering and umms, instead just stop completely and think about what you have to say. It's quite an easy interview if you just say the right things in the right way.
Good luck, hopefully you get it so we can be fellow school caps XD
Congrats on getting captain!

Yeah, impress whoever you're talking to with your accomplishments, but don't do a list with everything you've ever done from like year 6- do the ones with "more weight" if you get my drift, outline your leadership qualities, why you'd be a good captain. And it's also good to have humour because it breaks up the tension :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)