Prelim and HSC bio textbooks - which ones (1 Viewer)

mamehapumpkin

HSC
Just wondering which textbooks are used for prelim and HSC bio / most popular ones that are up to date. Is Heinemann Biology: Preliminary & HSC 2nd edition still good to use and up to date?

Destan

HSC
I'm positive those textbooks would be great to use; But I do indeed know others that like 'Excel Success One HSC Biology- 2016' and 'Heinemann Biology 1' (. I'm positive the books you've named are perfecto. Just remember that there are also online sources to learn Biology, like KhanAcademy; whilst there also being lots of revision sheets scattered around the internet (That's just my opinion of course).

Last edited:

Suu

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure Biology in focus is a pretty popular one atm

igotoschool

HSC
I have Biology in Focus for HSC and my class teacher recommends it/uses it to make class notes. Its super detailed though, so it requires time to read and summarise the exact points you need from it. Try find a copy around your school, in a library or shop and see if it would be suitable for you. Ask me anything too :)

mamehapumpkin

HSC
ok thanks everyone. Actually I was considering tutoring HSC biology (finished HSC in 2014) but wanted to be prepared first and have some good resources besides my own notes and other online resources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)