prelim bio - Soil PH (1 Viewer)

Kuya

ok so you know when you measure soil ph levels what do you add? is it just universal indicator? or is there something in addition to that?

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
dnt u just take a sample, and test the ph by either: putting it on litmus paper or by adding universal indicator?

Kuya

lol its ok now. thanks anyway. my fren told me how to do it. yup just univeral indicator.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
i thought that you take soil, place some barium sulfate on top, a few drops of water, then universal indicator? you can use other indicators but universal is the one usually used in bio because it changes across the range, i've only ever used the others in chemistry.

vaniLLa_554

HSC
This is what we did to measure soil pH:
A bottle with holes containing talcum powder, the universal indicator dropper bottle and the universal indicator pH level chart was used to measure the soil pH. A layer of talcum powder was sprinkled on the soil and a few drops of the universal indicator was added. The colour was then observed and then compared with the universal indicator pH level chart so that the pH level could be identified. Measurements were taken at regular intervals, and then the average result was recorded for each day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)