• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Prelim content on HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

andrewriis

HSC
Hey,

Just wondering if stuff we learn in Year 11 can be assessed in our HSC exams?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello,

With the HSC I believe only the topics from year 12 will be tested. The only exemption is maths where some concepts learnt in year 11 may be tested.

Hope this helps :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on how you classify 'stuff', but up to 30% of preliminary maths content can be tested in the HSC, for other subjects, even though knowledge from the syllabus may not be tested directly, skills will be tested, i.e. for chemistry, you will still be tested on balancing equations as part of an overall question that is based on the HSC syllabus content.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess that goes for all languages too, because you're practicing

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

andrewriis

HSC
Depends on how you classify 'stuff', but up to 30% of preliminary maths content can be tested in the HSC, for other subjects, even though knowledge from the syllabus may not be tested directly, skills will be tested, i.e. for chemistry, you will still be tested on balancing equations as part of an overall question that is based on the HSC syllabus content.
Thanks so much Strawberrye. Obviously with things like Maths and English it's the skills you develop, but for subjects like IPT, SDD, Business and Economics where I get bored sometimes would I be better off learning the content in a high level of detail and knowing it really well or getting the HSC textbooks and starting to learn that stuff?

enoilgam

HSC
This pretty much - maths is the only subject which directly features Prelim content on the exam. For other subjects, they build on Prelim content, so you will need that knowledge for the HSC. For example, in Legal Studies, you need to understand precedent in order to understand how to use cases in HSC essays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)