Prelim/HSC IPT Q&A Thread (1 Viewer)

Technoash

HSC
Your teacher made it more detail and definitely the right way to calculate the transmission rate your question from the textbook :).
Apparently he did transfer it back to kbp but he used decimal system to convert which 1 kbp= 1000 bp which also makes me wondering. So I don't know, sorry :(. The answer he got is 2.62 which is 2 minutes and 37 seconds when you press the degree display on your calculator. So I assume this question is correct in both way 2m30s and 2m37s.
Thanks. It is wierd. I'm probably missing something because the answer is D in the book and that's what the teacher got as well.

When doing questions like these, does anyone know weather it's better to use 1000 or 1024?

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Thanks. It is wierd. I'm probably missing something because the answer is D in the book and that's what the teacher got as well.

When doing questions like these, does anyone know weather it's better to use 1000 or 1024?
I'd prefer using 1024 since it's suit for every question asked in the HSC.

vaugh

HSC
N/A
IPT Q&A Thread
I found many people having trouble learning this subject as it is dry, boring and requires a lot of up-to-date knowledge and application skill (in most ppl opinions). So I made this thread to help you answer and solve all the IPT problems that you have trouble with or study tips for IPT.
Here you can post any Prelim/HSC IPT questions that you have trouble with or any interesting IPT questions and I'll answer them in the most simple and convincing way as soon as possible:awesome: (as long as it's not way too off the syllabus). Everyone else can join me :).

I can only help you with these topics as I did not learn the others in Yr12 :(:
  • System Design and Development a.k.a Information Systems
  • Database
  • Communication System
  • Transaction Processeing System (TPS)
  • Multimedia
  • All preliminary topics

Helps or supports from other people are highly appreciated :awesome:
Can someone please provide me an example of
- Web based transaction processing system
- non web based transaction processing system
- on-line real time transaction processing system

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Can someone please provide me an example of
- Web based transaction processing system
- non web based transaction processing system
- on-line real time transaction processing system
- Web based a.k.a OLTP: PayPal, Online money transfer on most banking website
- Non-web-based: ATM
- Online real-time: Ticketing system (e.g. Ticketek, Events Cinemas, QUANTAS,... etc.), retail system (e.g. most online retail shop like MYERS, JB HiFi, Woolworths they update their stock every time someone buy from their online store).

Ronaldinho10

HSC
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2011exams/pdf_doc/2011-hsc-exam-ipt.pdf
Q.16 multiplechoice
This is an interesting question. I can't figure out why they got the answer B since their provided information matches with answer A.
The timetable file would actually be classified as a data store (open rectangle) in comparison to the external entity shown in the question. After you interpret that you must come to the conclusion that it is B because it is a context diagram which does not include data stores as this is a feature of the DFD (data flow diagram).

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
The timetable file would actually be classified as a data store (open rectangle) in comparison to the external entity shown in the question. After you interpret that you must come to the conclusion that it is B because it is a context diagram which does not include data stores as this is a feature of the DFD (data flow diagram).
Nice. I didn't think about that :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)