prelim v HSC (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
light bulb said:
i know prelim doesnt count to HSC but how similar/different are the two in structure?:confused:
Yeah i'll answer your question, even though I havn't done the hsc...
Both prelim and hsc are the same in structure, but the content that you learn differs to certain extents. Eg: Biology has 4 modules to learn in prelim, and the Hsc too has 4 modules to learn (1 being an options module). Prelim exams usually go for 1.5-2.5 hours in length, but the HSC external exam and the trials etc go for a lengthy 3 hours, which they all depend on the subject chosen.
A lot of the hsc subjects require you to revise back on your prelim concepts such as in chemistry: you need to know what molecules, hydrocarbons, bondings (etc) are.

light bulb

HSC
thanks for that! considering im a new member and a new year 12 student, it helps to have helpful people (yoakim) that can, well help!

thanks also to the guys above! love the support! care to show me how this site works?! i didnt realise people went out of their way here to make other people feel like trash! i'll remember next time that if a feature on this site doesnt work i will just give up and never try again!

HSC
N/A
Err, everyone in class of 07 is a "new Year 12". And you're not technically year 12 yet...

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Plus, everyone was new at some stage. Most people are capable of figuring out how to use a forum themselves. :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
yoakim said:
Yeah i'll answer your question, even though I havn't done the hsc...
Both prelim and hsc are the same in structure, but the content that you learn differs to certain extents. Eg: Biology has 4 modules to learn in prelim, and the Hsc too has 4 modules to learn (1 being an options module). Prelim exams usually go for 1.5-2.5 hours in length, but the HSC external exam and the trials etc go for a lengthy 3 hours, which they all depend on the subject chosen.
A lot of the hsc subjects require you to revise back on your prelim concepts such as in chemistry: you need to know what molecules, hydrocarbons, bondings (etc) are.
1) Don't throw away preliminary notes
2) Preliminary knowledge is assumed knowledge in the HSC, even though you get refreshed on a few

light bulb

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Err, everyone in class of 07 is a "new Year 12". And you're not technically year 12 yet...

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Plus, everyone was new at some stage. Most people are capable of figuring out how to use a forum themselves. :)
hmm your right! theres one sleep til yr 12! i didnt recieve alot of information on the topic of yr 12 STRUCTURE. like i said, and its quite evident, im a new member!

light bulb

HSC
hey, did your skool/institution offer pyschology? thats pretty kool, i didnt know you could do that for hsc! is it a good course?

Soul Searcher

HSC
not for mine. That may be a distinction course or a first year uni course subject where only certain school offers (or you may have to apply for it at the uni that offers it for year 12 students). It's usually a 1 unit subject which is addeds to your other subject units, but doesn't count in your uai.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)