Preliminary 07'ers (1 Viewer)

booties4

HSC
do teachers have to follow the syllabus in order or can they start at some sections and leave others till the end.....because not all things have foundations. The way i see it is, whats the point of stuying ahead if u dont even know where your teacher is going to start.

No point learning a whole bunch of stuff only to find out that you wont be doing that certain section till the end of the year.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
i'm sure they would follow the syllabus in order for subjects in the Science, but for Maths, Humanities, and English, I'm not sure :confused:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
booties4 said:
do teachers have to follow the syllabus in order or can they start at some sections and leave others till the end.....because not all things have foundations. The way i see it is, whats the point of stuying ahead if u dont even know where your teacher is going to start.

No point learning a whole bunch of stuff only to find out that you wont be doing that certain section till the end of the year.
Teachers can pick what topics they want to start with or which order they want to do the topics as long as they cover the syllabus.

You can study ahead but I would suppose it would depend on which subject and which topic it is...but I don't see much point, but if it works, by all means do it. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
dr baby beanie said:
Teachers can pick what topics they want to start with or which order they want to do the topics as long as they cover the syllabus.

You can study ahead but I would suppose it would depend on which subject and which topic it is...but I don't see much point, but if it works, by all means do it. :)
Wouldnt they follow the syllabus in order in some subjects so they could build up a student's understanding and knowledge first, which students can then understand latter parts of a syllabus?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
booties4 said:

They can choose which parts to do at what time they like, as long as they cover it by the end of the time allowed for them to cover the entire syllabus.
Kujah said:
Wouldnt they follow the syllabus in order in some subjects so they could build up a student's understanding and knowledge first, which students can then understand latter parts of a syllabus?
Generally yes, but it depends on the teacher.

Last edited:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Kujah said:
Most teachers do follow the syllabus but others are more flexible than others ie you don't really need the prior knowledge of the last topic.

Maths they go over the basics in the first few weeks but then teachers can pick which they'd like their class to do first, but they generally leave the harder topics last.

Eco, once you've done the intro and markets (and maybe a bit of consumers and business) you can basically do all the remaing topics in any order. Some teachers do boring topics first (to get them out of the way) and others do them last.

IMO: Teacher experience and teacher choice on how they think their class can cope or how much they'll like it. But like I said most do follow the syllabus.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
They can choose which parts to do at what time they like, as long as they cover it by the end of the time allowed for them to cover the entire syllabus.
They don't always finish on time, this is probably when you need to study ahead if you can.

chiselwick

HSC
N/A
dr baby beanie said:
Expensive = year 12 jackets

stripes cost $5 extra - for each stripe

My old school, St Andrews, dude..it was like $200 for the blazer, $10 per stripe of white, $15 per stripe of gold and like some majorly overpriced cost for the trimmings around the edge.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
chiselwick said:
My old school, St Andrews, dude..it was like $200 for the blazer, $10 per stripe of white, $15 per stripe of gold and like some majorly overpriced cost for the trimmings around the edge.
Yeah, but the braid/trim looks awesome.

HSC
N/A
This year I'm gonna start..... not stressing about schoolwork. Possibly bad timing, but... seriously... worrying so much is retarded.

I got all the back to school stuff I need today... for a total of $13.20. =) I forgot the contact though. I haven't covered my books in so many years.

HSC
N/A
What.........

*raises eyebrow*

Anyway I covered all my binder books with last's year's calendar- frogs, for colour coding purposes. If I don't contact they fall apart and rip and stuff.

You could still give me your address though. ^^

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I haven't even started contacting my books yet, and school's tomorrow :eek: Who cares

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)