Preliminary HSC Journal (1 Viewer)

jack2230

HSC
So I start Year 11 next year and will record my journey along the way for my own motivation and to keep track of my study. I will be going into my Preliminaries with Advanced English, Extension 1 Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Legal Studies and want to get a head start during these summer holidays.

Here is my plan for today:
  • Start Chapter 1 of the Cambridge Ext.1 Maths Textbook (Exercise 1A - Terms, Factors & Indices, fairly easy revision from Year 10)
  • Download, save and perhaps print some Syllabuses for my subjects
  • Read through my Biology, Chemistry and Physics books to just get a brief overview of what I'am up against next year. No note taking or anything, just a preliminary skim reading session.

With the new Area of Study and what not for English and me having literally no information from my school as to what we will be doing in the subject, is there anything I can do to prepare for that? Anyhow, thanks for reading.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry too much about the new area of study-if you've noticed the names of the area of studies in the past, they are pretty related and quite interlinked. I am sure the board of studies will be releasing the rubric for the new area of study very soon and there will no doubt be resources released that will enable you to get a better idea of what the module is about. The English skills required to excel in any module/area of study is the same, so make sure you refine those English skills-essay and creative writing in particular, and you will excel in English:) Best wishes for acing your senior year studies. And check out my thread http://community.boredofstudies.org...el-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a-317056.html for some more tips for acing your senior years if you haven't already:). Hope this helps:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)