• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preliminary pieces in year 12? (1 Viewer)

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
Hey guys.

I'm a bass player, and I had my pieces worked out for year 12 when I was in year 11 (3 different bass solos). I played them in year 11 as a bit of practice, and this year my teacher has told me that I'm not allowed to be assessed on these pieces because I've already played them.

This means that I can't use the three pieces I was working on.

I've had a look at the sylabus (?), and I can't find anything that says that I'm not allowed to use year 11 pieces. I asked my music teacher and she rung some man from the BOS and they said that I should play different pieces.

Long, complicated story short, could someone please find for me something in writing that says I'm allowed to use my year 11 pieces, or is it the case that I'll have to find new pieces?

will.harrison

HSC
Im doing music for the HSC this year and im pretty sure u cant do pieces u were assessed on for the year 11 course. did u do them for assesment tasks? Im doing a bass piece for my hsc aswell what were ur songs u were doin? im doin aeroplane by the chilis

Last edited:

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
Hey. I'm pretty sure you're right, I can't do them. I'm just pissed off that my teacher didn't tell me.

I'm doing 2 performances, 1 composition and 1 viva. I'm going to do Autumn Leaves on guitar (Jazz) and some kind of bass solo. Maybe a Jaco solo if I can put it together in time.

will.harrison

HSC
man thats sucks but yeah like phanatical said they could turn a blind eye depends how much of an arsehole they are. Im doing 3 piano pieces and yeah aeroplane by the chilis but i might just do two piano and aeroplane and maybe a primus piece or something. so hard to perform a high band bass song most underated instrument ever haha.

djax

HSC
:bomb: What i would do is call the board of studies yourself. My teacher said that that was right but hen at the beginning of year 12 last year, she said that you could. Who really would know what you played last year anyway!!!
ps My music teacher is away with the fairies so i never know whos right:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)