Preliminary Society and Culture Students: PIP ideas (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Thb yes, it is a very popular topic to explore. This doesn't necessarily mean you would do bad, but you would really have to put in a big effort to makes yours unique and different.

jenga218

HSC
I've been thinking about this one, too. Since I pretty much failed my SGP, I figured I need to get a head start on the PIP if I want to do well.

The one idea that I've had is exploring the cultural differences found in Westernized countries. Such as comparing Australia with Canada and possibly the US.

After living in Canada for the first 16 years of my life, and spending a lot of time in the US over those years, and then moving to Australia, I could base a lot of my stuff on personal experience...I'm just concerned that I won't find enough other sources out there to help me with it...

I haven't had many other ideas besides that one that aren't overdone...I had a cousin suggest I do something about the key role Music plays in shaping today's society, but I'm pretty sure that one is pretty generic.

Thoughts?

yeah_boy

HSC
What do you guys think of a topic to do with boys vs girls in education, for example, less girls in science and more in CAFS etc, comparisons and how its changed or continued over time, or Rich vs poor (or east vs west syd) and comparison attitudes/beliefs/values or maybe education or something like that. Or women and the glass ceiling.. something liek that.. or the importance of a woman's physical appearance in regards to employment.. Are these too common?

Brista

HSC
have you seen any pip's on dating practices in different cultures?

catiejane

HSC
How about Generational differences in dating? I was thinking changing attitudes and practices..?

yyupthatsm3

HSC
What do you guys think of a topic to do with boys vs girls in education, for example, less girls in science and more in CAFS etc, comparisons and how its changed or continued over time, or Rich vs poor (or east vs west syd) and comparison attitudes/beliefs/values or maybe education or something like that. Or women and the glass ceiling.. something liek that.. or the importance of a woman's physical appearance in regards to employment.. Are these too common?
Is this the idea you based your PIP on? If so what methodologies did you use and where did you go with this?? btw this is kinda the road I was going to go around but it's 'too generic and not unique'

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)