PRELIMS STUDY (1 Viewer)

mikamakonu

HSC
How do you stay organised with homework and Prelim scheduling Im struggling big time especially with Investigating Science

sabito

HSC
u cant haha

you can never study enough

all comes down to priorities (like between different subjects)

and sacrificing some subjects + sleep

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
How do you stay organised with homework and Prelim scheduling
focus on the stuff you find the hardest, make sure you have a basis for everything.

what helps for me is to make a list of the maximum amount of work I could possibly do (e.g., Chapter 4A from Cambridge textbook for Math) and then I choose the things that I find most important. Stay on top of your homework if it helps you consolidate new learning and knowledge.

It can also help to make a study timetable, but sometimes those are annoying af to stay on track with. Maybe write down the total amount of hours you have avaliable up to prelims, including any free periods at school (pretty sure year 11's have frees.... right?) and the time you have after school. then break that up somewhat evenly across subjects, maybe putting an extra few hours towards subjects that are harder (like math, english, idrk)

ask for help! other people probably have more advice than me lol.

you've got this! better to start working towards prelims now than in two weeks 🤩
especially with Investigating Science
also re investigating science - there might be a forum thread around

mikamakonu

HSC
focus on the stuff you find the hardest, make sure you have a basis for everything.

what helps for me is to make a list of the maximum amount of work I could possibly do (e.g., Chapter 4A from Cambridge textbook for Math) and then I choose the things that I find most important. Stay on top of your homework if it helps you consolidate new learning and knowledge.

It can also help to make a study timetable, but sometimes those are annoying af to stay on track with. Maybe write down the total amount of hours you have avaliable up to prelims, including any free periods at school (pretty sure year 11's have frees.... right?) and the time you have after school. then break that up somewhat evenly across subjects, maybe putting an extra few hours towards subjects that are harder (like math, english, idrk)

ask for help! other people probably have more advice than me lol.

you've got this! better to start working towards prelims now than in two weeks 🤩

also re investigating science - there might be a forum thread around
No frees lol, they start 4th of sep and finish 15th thanks for ur help!

carrotsss

HSC
Just do past papers tbh. Pick a subject, get a past paper from your teacher and then just do it, mark it, write down what went wrong, learn from it and repeat. Don’t waste time stressing about intense schedules you’ll never follow or doing superfluous homework, in most cases past papers are by far the best study method because they’re a reflection of what you’ll actually be doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)