prelims (1 Viewer)

jkjkjk

HSC
has anyones prelims been cancelled?

cmacmorrion

HSC
not yet they want to do them in week 8-9 but our teachers think that's becoming increasingly unlikely.

cyniczny

HSC
my school's announced online prelims, even if lockdown is lifted, but i believe the structure of the exam is gonna depend on the subject :/

anishaprasad

HSC
mine has been cancelled and has been changed to take home assessments

HSC
I'm meant to be doing math prelims sometime in week 9-10. All my teacher has said is that he is currently planning assuming "we will be back at school this term" and that the "exams are still on"... :\ I doubt that very very much, at least not in person.

I cannot think of any way that an online math exam will go well... what would they do, have all one mark no working questions, or make people type in their working?? For me that would probably be find but 90% of people don't normally math on computer

anishaprasad

HSC
I'm meant to be doing math prelims sometime in week 9-10. All my teacher has said is that he is currently planning assuming "we will be back at school this term" and that the "exams are still on"... :\ I doubt that very very much, at least not in person.

I cannot think of any way that an online math exam will go well... what would they do, have all one mark no working questions, or make people type in their working?? For me that would probably be find but 90% of people don't normally math on computer
for me, i have to be on zoom with my camera on and since it's at home, it's basically an open book task now
i'll also have to provide working out on paper and then submit as one PDF file

FesuY

HSC
Our school is still having their prelims

HSC
my school hasnt officially cancelled but most teachers said it's going to be online with cameras on and somehow they will monitor us. I just think that's really unfair for those whose been studying like honestly.... idek

FesuY

HSC
my school hasnt officially cancelled but most teachers said it's going to be online with cameras on and somehow they will monitor us. I just think that's really unfair for those whose been studying like honestly.... idek
That seems miserable lmao

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck with your Preliminary exams, irrespective of how you will be sitting them. You should definitely take this experience seriously and treat it as an opportunity to get used to what it's like to face uncertain events/situations. While this might not sound particularly relevant right now, it will definitely be a valuable skill to have for the future! :D

anishaprasad

HSC
I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck with your Preliminary exams, irrespective of how you will be sitting them. You should definitely take this experience seriously and treat it as an opportunity to get used to what it's like to face uncertain events/situations. While this might not sound particularly relevant right now, it will definitely be a valuable skill to have for the future! :D
thanks so much! wishing u the best too :)

milsk8

HSC
ikr its so bad since so many people haven't had the time to study properly since online school just piles up. my teacher said they might postpone it till term 4 or just have them online maybe.

Gryffindor

HSC
ikr its so bad since so many people haven't had the time to study properly since online school just piles up. my teacher said they might postpone it till term 4 or just have them online maybe.
Preliminary content isn't really a priority and so prelims will most likely be held this term in varying formats (assignments, online testing) depending on the school. I doubt they would be postponed until next term as we will be considered year 12s and they will need to begin HSC content.

cmacmorrion

HSC
update: ours have postponed to week 9-10 and will be online if we aren't back by then (so their 99% gonna be online)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)