• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Premium Memberships (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
kami said:
I'd like to ask a question - I'm planning on doing alot of work on the biki when this semester finishes and I have more concentrated blocks of free time and I was planning to rely partially on notes in the resource section. Since(if I'm reading this right) all the better notes will be made exclusive does this mean I'd have to pay to view them even though I am not in any way going to be using them for my studies?
We'll work out a special arrangement for dedicated contributors - just approach us at the relevant time.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i reckon more forum features should be added, like different themes and stuff, to encourage ppl who dont need notes to become p-members.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
DrownTheCrow said:
ok look im all for the owners of this site and some of the mods even seeing profit. lord knows they work hard enough... but not like this
i think its a bit of a sucker grab at people who are stupid enough to pay money for something they dont need. preety bigger avatars and stylish names? please...

ok fair enough if you are a hsc student and you are paying for the notes but doesnt that go against why this thing was set up for originally? its like a private school system. those who have the money have all the advantages...
No one is forcing users to pay for the little features (or bigger ones, even). If someone doesn't see any benefits arising from the 5c a day cost and features, then a member simply won't subscribe to our premium services.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just curious, but how much are these "Premium Memberships" going to cost?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Don't you see tho stas?! There is some strange abstract principle here that no one can articulate into words! I mean, if someone's trying to make money... they're an asshole!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you read the link you wouldn't have to ask such stupid questions.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i reckon more forum features should be added, like different themes and stuff, to encourage ppl who dont need notes to become p-members.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't think asking 17 and 18 year olds to pay for something they don't really need is such a good idea.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't think asking 17 and 18 year olds to pay for something they don't really need is such a good idea.
yeah true

*goes for a smoke*

nwatts

HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
ok look im all for the owners of this site and some of the mods even seeing profit. lord knows they work hard enough... but not like this
i think its a bit of a sucker grab at people who are stupid enough to pay money for something they dont need. preety bigger avatars and stylish names? please...

ok fair enough if you are a hsc student and you are paying for the notes but doesnt that go against why this thing was set up for originally? its like a private school system. those who have the money have all the advantages...
quoted for truth.

I think this idea is ridiculous and a completely shameless way of making money. Do a massive donation drive. Go around to the unis in a big BOS week and promote the shit out of the site, sell merch and ask for donations. If the bigblogger competition was marketed properly, schools would have flooded to the site, adverts would then suck in far more money.

gosh guys, there are ways to make money. this is a pretty pathetic way to do it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
iamsickofyear12 said:

It's money well spent, considering what other things 17/18 year olds waste their money on.

If student's are willing to pay hundreds for extra textbooks and study guides, they're likely to pay $20 for a year of discounted study guides, access to top quality notes and prioritised support, be it in the forums, or with SAM.

The target audience are HSC students, who'll get the most benefit out of the premium membership.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Minai said:
It's money well spent, considering what other things 17/18 year olds waste their money on.

If student's are willing to pay hundreds for extra textbooks and study guides, they're likely to pay $20 for a year of discounted study guides, access to top quality notes and prioritised support, be it in the forums, or with SAM.

The target audience are HSC students, who'll get the most benefit out of the premium membership.
i reckon

nwatts

HSC
brogan77 said:
I don't get this rabid opposition to the introduction of this thing. IF IT IS SO SHIT THEN NOONE WILL PAY FOR IT AND IT WILL DIE OUT AND THE ADMINS WILL LEARN A VALUABLE BUSINESS LESSON. But, if people do take up the opportunity to pay, and by all means it's their prerogative, then there is a market for the product BoS is selling and good luck to them. Everything that a current member has access to, they will continue to have access to regardless of if they "subscribe" or not, so i fail to see the problem.

And, WHAT'S WRONG WITH MAKING MONEY?! Fuck.
Use your fucking head brogan.

There's nothing wrong with making money. Read my post.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Minai said:

Maybe, but try to convice them of that.

There is a big difference between paying extra for textbooks and signing up to this. I think it is more likely that people will continue to spend their money on study guides and use the free notes.

I was an HSC student and I know people who are still HSC students and I don't think that many people are going to go for it. There are enough benefits over what is available for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)