kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
General Benefits:

Premium careers content

Huge discounts for study guides

Prioritised support
Hmm, if I were to purchase a premium membership what kind of careers content would I recieve? Would it be tailored to my individual needs or would it basically be an assortment of employment ads etc.?

Also, you mention study guides under general so is there any possibility you might reach an arrangement with the co-op shop etc anytime soon? Because that would definitely make it worthwhile.

And lastly, you mention prioritised support under every category, so apart from HSC help(which I don't need) what other specific type of support is there available? And how is it prioritised?

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
kami said:
1) Hmm, if I were to purchase a premium membership what kind of careers content would I recieve? Would it be tailored to my individual needs or would it basically be an assortment of employment ads etc.?

Also, you mention study guides under general so is there any possibility you might reach an arrangement with the co-op shop etc anytime soon? Because that would definitely make it worthwhile.

2) And lastly, you mention prioritised support under every category, so apart from HSC help(which I don't need) what other specific type of support is there available? And how is it prioritised?
1) Whilst a lot of the careers content isn't yet finalised, there are possibilities of numerous options. You won't be bombarded with job ads - although we may possibly list those that are suitable to students.
We are also planning an online careers day - stay tuned for more info on this.
2) Often moderators are swamped with posts for help (the contact mod forum is testament to this). It often takes quite some time to get around to all the members quickly. Prioritised support means just that: if you ask for support, you'll get helped before any of the standard members.

K

katie_tully

I too will become a commercial sell out soon, when I get back from holidays and such in 4 weeks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
yinyin said:
is there other payment methods?
Currently, no.

However we are investigating the possibility of a direct debit or NetBank transfer option and will know whether this is feasible early next week.

timobr0 said:
I'm probably going to buy this service...but i noticed that less information is offered to non-premium members with SAM now. I was under the impression that anything available for free before would still be available for free after. All you get now is the pie graph and the estimated UAI for 2004. Its not a big deal for me but yeah....
The only information that SAM used to provide to non-premium members and which it no longer provides to those members is the state percentile corresponding to each mark entered.

It was easier to draw a distinction between the standard and premium editions of SAM by simply limiting the standard edition to a straightforward UAI calculation (which is all that most students want in any case), and reserving all other analytical and enhanced features exclusively for premium members.

yinyin

HSC
N/A
this site is for students.
and most students dont have personal credit cards.... this payment is quite diffoult for students~

lala2

Banned
HSC
Probably for uni students then, who just wanna make a contribution to the site in some way. Laz, how come you're listed as a premium member but you're an admin too? Shouldn't there be a conflict of formatting of your name or something?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yinyin said:
this site is for students.
and most students dont have personal credit cards.... this payment is quite diffoult for students~
You can pay via your bank account if you use paypal.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
lala2 said:
Probably for uni students then, who just wanna make a contribution to the site in some way. Laz, how come you're listed as a premium member but you're an admin too? Shouldn't there be a conflict of formatting of your name or something?
There are different usergroups; e.g. "Registered Users", "Administrators", "Premium Members".

If you're a member of more than one group, you get to choose which one governs the appearance of your profile.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Just curious, but did you guys actually end up giving free premium membership to Brogan?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Seems like it. Check out his profile--he's with baby blue and all.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Lazarus said:
Currently, no.

However we are investigating the possibility of a direct debit or NetBank transfer option and will know whether this is feasible early next week.

The only information that SAM used to provide to non-premium members and which it no longer provides to those members is the state percentile corresponding to each mark entered.

It was easier to draw a distinction between the standard and premium editions of SAM by simply limiting the standard edition to a straightforward UAI calculation (which is all that most students want in any case), and reserving all other analytical and enhanced features exclusively for premium members.
I reckon if you manage to have NetBank transfers, you'll get some 500% more premium members simply due to PayPal being so off-putting.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
This is currently something we are working on (although you can currently pay via paypal with a regular bank account).
And a very good premium feature is launching soon (we are currently testing it out right now).

yinyin

HSC
N/A
who can i pay by paypal using my bank card?
cant i just deposit the money to a particular account?
that seems to be much easier~

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
yinyin said:
who can i pay by paypal using my bank card?
cant i just deposit the money to a particular account?
that seems to be much easier~
At the moment - no.
You can pay us by linking your paypal account to your bank card (and then by using the regular sign up link)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The_highwayman said:
do premium members get a choice of colours and fonts? or do they only get baby blue in the current font?
Currently it's the baby blue colour... but we might change it periodically, etc.

You never know.

Could probably even let premium members vote for what they want.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Lazarus said:
Currently it's the baby blue colour... but we might change it periodically, etc.

You never know.

Could probably even let premium members vote for what they want.
why exactly are YOU baby blue?

arent you meant to be black and high and mighty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)