premium vodkas (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
like grey goose, level, belvedere etc.... are they any good? apparently they are nice served ice cold (like, if you leave the bottle in the freezer) on the rocks or just straight, but i kinda want some opinions before i shell out like 70 bucks for a bottle haha

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I hear Potato Vodka doesn't give you a hangover

But then again, I thought all vodkas were made from potato but there you go. Apparently some of the cheaper varieties aren't.

Skeeta

HSC
:confused: I also though vodka was made from potatoes.
The cheaper varieties are probably mixed with gasoline, etc. Which doesnt really make sense because its bloody expensive.

The good stuff is GOOD, but dont ruin it by mixing it. Have it straight, on the rocks.. icy cold. If you intent to mix it, its not worth it.
Thee good stuff is GOOD because it doesnt burn on the way down :shy:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Belvedere is is overpriced and its not as good as grey goose. Id much prefer the latter.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
*shrugs*
i must be a n00b, caus vodka's pretty much vodka to me
unless its one of the flavoured absolutes...then its crazy tasting vodka

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Skeeta said:
:confused: I also though vodka was made from potatoes.
The cheaper varieties are probably mixed with gasoline, etc. Which doesnt really make sense because its bloody expensive.

The good stuff is GOOD, but dont ruin it by mixing it. Have it straight, on the rocks.. icy cold. If you intent to mix it, its not worth it.
Thee good stuff is GOOD because it doesnt burn on the way down :shy:
But I love the burn!

RodH

HSC
so the more expensive ones make you feel like your eating fire as well?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I usually mix with absolut, and drink level straight. Grey goose isn't too shabby but I can't really see the difference between absolut and a lot of the premium vodkas... unless you're a real keen punter who wants to drink straight, absolut will do fine.

There just isn't a big enough difference to justify some of the pricing of straight vodka unlike scotch where the difference can be quite a bit including the flavour. Remember, vodka is just alcoholic water so you're only really paying for the distilling quality, so if you're wanting a half-decent bottle of vodka and using it as a mixing vodka, just use a bottle of Smirnoff Blue (Not Red, because Red stands for Metho [supporting case: JW Red Label] ) and be done with it.

If you want a very decent variety of vodka, try some of the 42 Below vodkas, especially the Feijoa version. Couple that with a bottle of Chopin which is a sweet flavoured potato vodka with a really smooth, almost oily mouth feel, and you don't really need much else.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Yeah I never really understood how there could be such a HUGE variety of vodkas considering vodka is just water + ethanol (disregarding the flavoured ones). I knew there was a difference in the distilling quality but no way would I pay $70 for something that would barely make that much of a difference.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
the 42 below vodkas are fucking awesome
except i dont like the smell of the manuka honey one :(
havent tried the fejioa one yet

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I have to say that there is a HUGE (to me at least) difference between Smirnoff and Finlandia and then again between Finlandia and Grey Goose. Caustic --> smooth.

The more expensive it gets, the smoother the taste is. I hate Absolut and all those flavoured vodkas, they're vomit inducing just by smell.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
probably not haha

fuck, i might have to test that theory now! :( fuck you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)