Prepaid Optus Mobiles (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Hi BOS,

Unfortunately it has become necessary for me to upgrade my mobile phone. I'm currently with Optus prepaid and would like to stay with them as I don't use my phone enough to warrant a plan and family are also with Optus.

I was looking to get the Boost LG KS360 but have since changed my mind from reading online reviews and talking to an owner who mentioned random turning off and sometimes slow response. My new current #1 is the LG KP500 Touch as I did want to have some kind of qwerty keyboard for messaging.

Any recommendations or other phones that are worth buying? I'm looking to spend about $200.

Optus Prepaid phones can be found here: http://personal.optus.com.au/web/oc...al/mobile/prepaidmobile/prepaid&site=personal

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Touch isn't a necessary and qwerty keyboard would be great but unfortunately not much options on prepaid.

Wifi would be cool but I don’t think many phones have that either, not that I would know as I'm one of those people who has a mobile to use as a mobile. :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
How about the Nokia E63? qwerty kb+wifi, and under $200.

Though I don't think you can get it as Optus specifically.
Ah I've seen that phone before or maybe the more expensive version looks pretty nice and does everything I want. But I do want to/have to (because of the people I call) stay with Optus.

I was reading a thread on whirlpool that mentioned you could buy it from virgin and it would work with Optus as they use the same network, however now the thread was recently posted in (yesterday actually) saying they are now carrier locked. :(

Looking on the Optus website though they do sell it (though with a plan) I wonder if I can buy it outright for around $200 if so that would be great?

Sorry I'm not trying to be difficult you have been great so far, thanks for the suggestions. I might be out tomorrow to ask/look at other phones.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally wouldn't recommend LG phones from past exp, Nokie E63 is alright my friend has one and has been good for him with no complaints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)