Preparation for Extension 1 Maths (1 Viewer)

HoldingOn

HSC
Hi,
I'm looking to start the 3 unit/ 2 unit course these long holidays. I have the Cambridge Ex 1 book however it doesn't follow the structure of the prelim syllabus. Was wondering where to start or just to work my way through the book?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I'm looking to start the 3 unit/ 2 unit course these long holidays. I have the Cambridge Ex 1 book however it doesn't follow the structure of the prelim syllabus. Was wondering where to start or just to work my way through the book?
I suggest u start off wit MIF or Fitzpatrick before going to Cambridge

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi,
Just use one textbook to learn stuff (recommend fitzpatrick) and do a few questions in each exercise to learn it then past papers if you want to solidify.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Hi,
If you only have the cambridge ext 1 book I'm pretty sure chapters 1 -3 are all your Term 1 content stuff and that's plenty to work through the holidays. If you manage to finish that you're doing pretty good for preparation.

HoldingOn

HSC
If you only have the cambridge ext 1 book I'm pretty sure chapters 1 -3 are all your Term 1 content stuff and that's plenty to work through the holidays. If you manage to finish that you're doing pretty good for preparation.
Thanks. I have the MIF book as well- however I have not heard great things about it.

mkv_86

HSC
I have started the first few chapters of the Cambridge EXT 1 Textbook, however, I feel like my school's course content isn't gonna start off with such high difficulty , would Fitzpatrick be a better alternative option for now?? Also, thoughts on previewing by using Excel's EXT 1 Textbook?
Definately start with fitzpatrick perhaps MIF

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I have started the first few chapters of the Cambridge EXT 1 Textbook, however, I feel like my school's course content isn't gonna start off with such high difficulty , would Fitzpatrick be a better alternative option for now?? Also, thoughts on previewing by using Excel's EXT 1 Textbook?
I think just use one textbook and don't do every question, just do a few so you know what the content is. Once you know do past papers asap because that's the stuff that actually relates to exams.

LC14199

HSC
I think just use one textbook and don't do every question, just do a few so you know what the content is. Once you know do past papers asap because that's the stuff that actually relates to exams.
and if your teacher is a wanker and tells you to do the entire textbook exercise, completely ignore them. Do enough that you understand the concept, then like Pikachu said, move onto past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)