Preparation for preliminary studies (1 Viewer)

JonathonRON

HSC
Does anyone know what we're studying next year for year 11? Or the topics that are available? Also any books to recommend to read over the holiday to prepare me?

Xzyle

HSC
That will depend on your school. For Modern History, both Year 11 and 12 consist of several electives. Within my own school, we had different CLASSES studying different topics. So there is no way of anybody knowing what you will be studying in Year 11, and while I admire your dedication, I don't think you need to prepare this early on for Year 11. If you actually want to go above and beyond, perhaps contact the Head of History at your school via email or phone, to see what topics you will be studying next year.

foxxraven

HSC
Like what Xzyle said, there is no sure way of knowing beforehand what your school will have you study. I'm also doing modern, and from what I can gather from my books my school made me order which are on Russian communism and Tsarism, and conflict in Indochina, that's what we will be studying. I reckon it would help just to brush up on your skills (essay writing, source analysis, etc) if you want to get a head start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)