Preparation for trials (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
By now most of you will be coming towards the end of the course and preparing for your trials. I thought I'd just put a few tips up for how to approach your trials and how you can use them to prepare for the HSC.

Although trials form the largest single part of your school assessment, you should also use them to see how ready you are for the actual exam. They are the best method for reinforcing your knowledge of the modules and honing your communication skills. Prepare for them as if you are preparing for the real thing because it's your last chance to get feedback from your teachers on work done under exam conditions.

Once you've completed your trials, please scan and mail them to me or Laz if you can :). I will try and get as many from people at my old school as I can.

schooly

i am not sure if this is relevant to this post or not but what is the difference between the CSSA, independant and neap trials. which are for what schools and that ?
Thankyou

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by schooly
i am not sure if this is relevant to this post or not but what is the difference between the CSSA, independant and neap trials. which are for what schools and that ?
Thankyou
That's alright. CSSA is the Catholic Schools association, they produce exam papers that a lot of schools in Sydney at least use. Neap is a private company I think. I'm not sure about Independent, I suspect it's a group similar to the CSSA, but whatever it is all three trials are well worth doing :).

Akira_Tikira

95% of catholic school do the catholic trial. Except if you go to a very prestigue school such as sydney grammer, knox or newington, they make their own paper.

Most public and most selective schools use the independent, about 70%, some buy 2 or 3 and pick and chose, but that is when you have a very committed teacher.

So properly for people going to a catholic school.....try the catholic first, they are very different to the Indepenedent

If you go to a public or selective school...your best choice is the independent....I would say its a lot easier then catholics.....questions are more predicatable....

NEAP>......very small percentage (I haven't heard of a school that uses NEAP yet), but a worthwhile source after you finish your primary past papers

Thanks and good luck

pri

HSC
N/A
my skool writes their own..

ruse papers are good to look at to see the standard you might want to aim for, or any other selective ones,

Akira_Tikira

Yeh, but Ruse Chem papers are not too bad.....
I like the catholic....some weird questions that we never bother learning cause we don't think it will be tested....

I mean, the more you do the better

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Akira_Tikira
95% of catholic school do the catholic trial. Except if you go to a very prestigue school such as sydney grammer, knox or newington, they make their own paper.
Grammar isn't Catholic :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)