Preparing for a specified speech (Mod B) (1 Viewer)

study1234

HSC
How are you preparing in the case that they specify a speech? Also, is it okay to put the specified speech last, or do you have to put it first?

Rectanglor

HSC
Last year I prepared well for three and hoped for the best. For the remaining speeches, I did some analysis that I could have fallen back on if need be. And no, you can write about the speeches in any order you want.

Lina3

HSC
I just wrote two paragraphs on each of the speech. About four of them are I think passable. The other ones are basically a pile of quotes and techniques with an insight stuck at the top... in case of an emergency. Bandler is my worst one by far since they asked that last year.

study1234

HSC
But would the specified text be like the main focus of the essay (hence using it first), or does it simply have to be used (i.e. using it last to draw links to the other 2 speeches)? Also how would you go about linking speeches like Deane or Keating to Sadat and Suu Kyi?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm giving up on bandler, suu kyi. as they were the ones in the past two years.

Web Addict

HSC
The most likely speeches the Board of Studies will specify are Atwood's speech, Pearson's speech or Sadat's speech. I'll try to make two essays with those speeches only and try to memorise both of them. Hopefully, they don't specify values as well.

How do you link the other speeches to Atwood?!?!?
When I wrote my essay about Atwood's speech, I used it in combination of Suu Kyi's speech. I talked about the values of women and hope for the future for that essay. Personally, I don't think I can like Atwood's speech with any other.

study1234

HSC
Is there anyone else thinking of preparing 2 essays: one for Aus. speeches (Pearson, Keating, Bandler) and one for the others (Atwood, Sadat, Suu Kyi)? What kind of links can I draw between Atwood and Sadat?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I love how no one gives a sht about deane.

Nek minnut all speeches people fail.

MrBeefJerky

HSC
I just want to know, but do the board of studies never repeat the speeches that they have used in the previous years? How come everyone is assuming that those used in the past years won't be used again?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Thank goodness they got the worst two out of the way (ie Bandler, ASSK).

Here's a speeches scaffold of themes that I made earlier. My mate also links religion with Keating (through the use of quasi-religious terms).

Note that I am aware that some of the totals are incorrect as I made some adjustments to this earlier.

Lina3

HSC
I just want to know, but do the board of studies never repeat the speeches that they have used in the previous years? How come everyone is assuming that those used in the past years won't be used again?
Technically they are allowed to but I would think they would be rendered a little hesitant by the assumption that the students who actually care would have gone through past papers and already written practice essays on the speeches specified in previous years. Thus, naming a new one would prove more challenging.

MrBeefJerky

HSC
Fair enough, but wouldn't the Board of Studies realize that their method of selecting speeches will soon be discovered by students who will be able to figure out the remaining speeches? Hence the students will focus most of their efforts on those than the previous speeches which would prove more challenging if they haven't prepared as fully for them?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Technically they are allowed to but I would think they would be rendered a little hesitant by the assumption that the students who actually care would have gone through past papers and already written practice essays on the speeches specified in previous years. Thus, naming a new one would prove more challenging.
Or maybe that's what they want you to think....

study1234

HSC
Thank goodness they got the worst two out of the way (ie Bandler, ASSK).

Here's a speeches scaffold of themes that I made earlier. My mate also links religion with Keating (through the use of quasi-religious terms).

Note that I am aware that some of the totals are incorrect as I made some adjustments to this earlier.

Thanks heaps for that, although I'm scared that any links to Atwood (other than from Suu Kyi) would be superficial. What do you think?

Also, I've asked a lot of my friends and tutor, and they said you should start with the specified speech. Opinions?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sure if the bos is that mean, but if ask for role of women, you are essentially locked into doing 2 specified texts, cause you have no other option. Guess I will need to look over Suu kyi.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Role of women

are you serious

Too hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)