Preparing for a specified speech (Mod B) (1 Viewer)

acallus

HSC
Would they really specify one of the smaller speeches? I honestly feel like this year we have Pearson's coming at us....

Web Addict

HSC
Would they really specify one of the smaller speeches? I honestly feel like this year we have Pearson's coming at us....
They could specific Keating's speech. Also, last year, they did specify Bandler's speech, which is, I think, one of the smaller speeches.

Last edited:

Lina3

HSC
Just wanted to say...I am so screwed for this module :( Not that I didn't work, I did, but seriously, we are basically asked to remember 7 texts (if we want to do well) instead of the usual 2. I personally hate my teacher for choosing this option, when there are other 'normal' options to pick from! Its just extra work for nothing! I am doing Donne as well, who knows they could specify a poem too...

Last edited:

acallus

HSC
we are basically asked to remember 7 texts
And we can't even rule any off, cause if they ask about Atwood, Suu Kyi's fits in with that the most, as does Bandler's with Pearson's speech... I am really not looking forward to Paper 2.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Just wanted to say...I am so screwed for this module :( Not that I didn't work, I did, but seriously, we are basically asked to remember 7 texts (if we want to do well) instead of the usual 2. I personally hate my teacher for choosing this option, when there are other 'normal' options to pick from! Its just extra work for nothing! I am doing Donne as well, who knows they could specify a poem too...
I'm in the same boat. Donne/speeches. Also take note its all on a level playing field, for other texts in mod b, they specify a particular section of the text.

And we can't even rule any off, cause if they ask about Atwood, Suu Kyi's fits in with that the most, as does Bandler's with Pearson's speech... I am really not looking forward to Paper 2.
Yolo.

Lina3

HSC
I'm in the same boat. Donne/speeches. Also take note its all on a level playing field, for other texts in mod b, they specify a particular section of the text.
Yes, true. I just hope they decide to provide and extract. That way we are all on an equal footing i.e having to analyse on the spot. Otherwise it's just relying too much on luck. I mean, even those fantastic impending state rankers who would know all the speeches like the back of their hand are BOUND to have ones that they prefer or are more comfortable with.

Haha had that though too but I am not going to waste my time on Suu Kiy and Bandler (other than quotes so I at least have something to go off in case they come up again) will link it through the one size fits all ideal of 'universal human equity within the framework of: the yearning for world peace/gender equality/racial tolerance etc"

Last edited:

mgf

HSC
male voice this year for sure
im predicting sadat as the featuring one

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Just be prepared .. They can specify a certain speech. In the 2012 paper, they specified bandler.

Inverse

HSC
What are the advantages/disadvantages of a specific section of a speech being specified besides limitations of certain topics/areas you can talk about?

Lina3

HSC
What are the advantages/disadvantages of a specific section of a speech being specified besides limitations of certain topics/areas you can talk about?
Like I said before, it puts us all on an equal footing. No-one would have prepared and memorized paragraphs on EVERY section of EVERY speech set for study. Hence, we all have to make it up there and then, and they examine what they are supposed to examine: How well we can bs comparing to the rest of the state.
The disadvantage would be that it would take more time than regurgitating a memorized essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)