• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

preparing for hsc...thoughts (1 Viewer)

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
I reckon many of these people may be extending on the truth. If they are doing that much study, wasting away their youth, and don't get 100 UAI then what did they achieve. Sure you can be a determined, high-achieving person, but when do you draw the line? Also, Miss_gtr remember schools set different standards of tests/exams/assessments so your 80 might be 'better' than someone else's 95!

firehose

HSC
i agree, 6 hours is totally crazy

mind u though, if i could stick out 6 hrs nonstop i'd do it, but the problem for me is that of drifting......

lala2

Banned
HSC
srsly, don't worry about how many hours you do...do enough--you'll know how many hours are good for you...you'll die when you hear this: dux of our grade gets home, assuming she starts study at 5, studies until 1am in the morning. So I guess it depends how you take it. I pesronally don't do more than 2.5 hours a day simply because I don't have the time to. Just revise smart and well and you won't have a thing to worry about.

sally_33

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
hi, just want to ask everyone, how they spend their time everyday in terms of studying hours. how many hours do you all study a day? a week? handling pressure..etc..
i try and study about 6- 6n1/2 hours a day...parents still think its not enough...god knows what the hell im supposed to do....
6 hours is way too much!! how do you have time for anything else?? id say a good amount would be 2 hours, but not strictly, like still including time off when you want to go out, and a bit more coming up to exams.
having said that, i do about 1 hour a week, which includes study and homework :( im not motivated at all

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
I'm not even home for 6 hours a day on average (apart from sleep). I think i did on average about 2 hours a day and now im coming 1st in chem, phys and MX2. Its not all about studying, but how you use it. You have to study for the right things (ie. syllabus, harder questions).

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
idno but i have to study everyday like that in order to actualy get good marks, to be honest, im not that smart at all, and if i do't study that time in a day....the lectures come my way and ruin any chance of further study in the day. so yeah....the timetable rules my year i guess....it sucks....oh well...
no choice

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
when you say 2-3 hours are you including homework and other assessments as well?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
LaCe said:
6 hours a day, that is way too much. Either it doesnt get through cause 6 hours in a night is tough unless u go till 11 or 12 without breaks and im guessing u dont have any other commitments outside school?

6 hours is just crazy.

I can do 5 hours max a day, but that is when i dont have sport or anything else on. im aiming pretty high but u cant kill urself during ur last yr of school. I havent done work in 4 days now, finished exams and had parties. And it was great, times that u will look back on when ur older, i wouldnt waste ur time just studying 6 hours a day just to get an extra .5 on ur UAI.

Time to to some hardocre study now!
yeah i hear what ur saying....but i have no choice....the pressure and lecures i get from my parents, i really don't have time for other committments....my parents won't let me....i hardly even step out these days besides school and library, its nervewracking and bloody annoying, and i have to put up with my dad waking me up at 5:30 in the morning everyday to study...simply study till i have just enough time to get ready for school.....oh well....again, life SUCKS!.....STUPID HSC!

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
they shouldn't make the hsc such a huge deal....people wouldn't get so damn stressed about it otherwise.....but then again....we'd think its useless if we didn't get it to be a big deal....
man i hate the hsc....im gonna be so amn glad when its all over...
getting back to subject...what's the max anyone's ever studied in a day? even cramming day before exams....im about 7 hrs....and i srsly slept for like 4 hours...it sucked...and the worst thing was, i still couldn't ace my exam!!!!!! got ranked 5th..RRGGH!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Im getting back into the stream of things after half yearlies and massive parties. That is another thing Do u have time to go out and fun during our last year of school? And as I said before i dont think u would have any sort of other commitments.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ive had heaps of HSC lecturers and stuff come to my school this year and last year, The one thing that drilled into my head thru all the talks was that you cannot spend your whole hsc year studying. Its bad to be cooped up inside. They said make study the LAST priority, after you fill in your timetable of all the things you do, then fill in the gaps with study. gotta tell ya, i liked these guys that spoke to us

get_born

shellybelly087 said:
ive had heaps of HSC lecturers and stuff come to my school this year and last year, The one thing that drilled into my head thru all the talks was that you cannot spend your whole hsc year studying. Its bad to be cooped up inside. They said make study the LAST priority, after you fill in your timetable of all the things you do, then fill in the gaps with study. gotta tell ya, i liked these guys that spoke to us
i can see why you like those lecturers, they tell you want you want to hear...but i hate to break it to ya, the fact is hsc only comes once..now i agree with not being cooped up in a room...as IT IS NOT HEALTHY FOR ANYONE but at the same time your Hsc only comes once, and theres only a few months to go until the taste of freedom is at our fingertips, so i reckon make study your top priority, and during that time also make time for yorself, because in the end it is you that makes your life not your mark. :uhhuh:

Carita Davies

The HSC may only come once, but it isnt the be all and end all of your life. so i dont reckon study should be your top priority. the hsc really only determines how quickly you get to you goal. if you flunk your hsc...dont think your life is over, there are almost always back alleys that will take you to where you want to be, if you cant wait till your mature age...go to tafe or some stupid thing...the hsc really isnt that big of a deal i reckon. if you wanna study...do so...if you dont have the motivation...maybe try a little harder...but dont worry...i hate the uai tho...it sucks...i dont know enough about the logistics to really base my opinion...but i just dont like it...and thats my 2 bob.

and to the most hours studies...i crammed 8 hours before my mathematics half yearly...went crap...i sucked so bad, tho i did get 3rd...but yeah.

goodnight my friends

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
that is true what you all say, hsc must be everyone's top priority in year 12....its important, it does decide your future, no matter whether you go to uni or not. i want to go to uni, i want to get a uai above 95, therefore, i must sit there for 6-7 hours a day and study my butt of until i can ace every single exam and question that comes my way, i have no other choice. i guess i can't compare my study times to others' study hours because everyone's mind and brain capacity is different. some absorb facts and work easier than others...and im not so good at that which is why people like me have to study things over and over again till its damn well registered into the brain...
so bad

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
sunjet said:
when you say 2-3 hours are you including homework and other assessments as well?
Including homework, although i do step it up a bit if i have an assesment due.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
rnitya_25 said:
everyone's mind and brain capacity is different. some absorb ...im not so good at that which is why people like me have to study things over and over again till its damn well registered into the brain...
so bad

like i have said before, you study what you need to study. you study for how long you need to study.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)