Preparing for Viva Voce. (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Ok some questions here

1. Technically, what is a Viva Voce?
2. How can I present/do my Viva Voce?
3. Is there anything in particular I should be prepared for?
4. What questions/issues should I address in my Viva Voce?

I'm doing a critical study on the Simpsons if it helps.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
There is a section in Ext English 2 Notes about Vica Voice. You would want to check that out.

And The Simpson? "Excellent" :)

Ac

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by BaByDoLL11^^
Ok some questions here

1. Technically, what is a Viva Voce?
2. How can I present/do my Viva Voce?
3. Is there anything in particular I should be prepared for?
4. What questions/issues should I address in my Viva Voce?
1. it's basically an interview type situation where you discuss your progress. it should be relatively informal and nothing to stress about
2. i think the best preparation for the vive voce is to look like you've made significant progress or have direction for your major work. you want to know what you're doing, why you're doing it and how you'll do it.
3. look organised. you can talk about problems but also talk about the solutions you've found
4. be prepared to answer difficult questions. they're not trying to catch you out but you need to know what you're doing by this stage in order to do well in the vive voce.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The trick is to ooze confidence. Don't be intimidated by the person interviewing you.......they want to know about your work, they are interested and therefore you have the power. Confidence is the key.
Even if you have no idea about where you work is headed, make it up. Make it sound impressive (even if you think it is dull, make it interesting) and make sure you sound like you know where it is going. NEVER say "I don't really know what Im doing or where its going" Sound kinda excited, and try and make it sound like you have done lots of investigation.
GOODLUCK!!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If you're looking for a way to prepare, get one of your friends to sit down and talk through your project with you. Just tell them what you're doing, why you thought of that idea.. why you discarded other ideas.

Stress your strengths and point out significant progress. Use your diary/process journal... go to pages which show your usage of techniques or experimentation with ideas.

timmii

sporadic attendee
viva voce means "live voice" i think...so its an interview. But more so - you have to show that you "live" your work - be enthusiastic. Show you have ideas and also show from where they stem and *why* you have certain interests.

Be prepared to respond to your proposal and journal entries you have made. Explain what you still have to do, how you hope to go about what you want to do, why you want to do what you want to do, what materials/resources you will use etc. Very important is also showing what you hope to gain from the experience, why you are "loving" it so much (or even why you are currently finding it difficult to proceed further). Discuss the development of ideas and who you depend on for advice and feedback. Confidence is the key. And a few succinct and impressive phrases don't hurt either ;) My personal fave was that my work "explored insidious semantic bias inherent in traditionally canonical texts" ;) :D

omniscience

HSC
N/A
Its like a discussion, so create as many situations as possible, create heaps of questions that you may be asked to discuss. Create key words that link each other so they open related threads in your head. This is what i did, i got 15/15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)