Prereq of 200 unit. (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
The Prerequisites of a 200 level unit is '15CP'. Do these need to be completed? Or could I just take it second semester first year and completing 12 and being enrolled in another 12?

Thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Pre-requisites assume completion, but you can always try for a waiver of those restrictions.

dolbinau

HSC
Would I be trying to waiver this tomorrow during enrollment?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Don't think so, while they may require you to fill out your form for both semesters, I don't actually think it gets registered (otherwise it'd be unfair on current students if a course/unit/class were to be filled up before they had the chance to...seeing as Sem 2 class enrolments occur after Semester 1) so I'd get it sometime closer to the date.

dolbinau

HSC
Ok cool, so I suppose you just answered my next question - which is we can change Semester 2 subjects later?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
same here, they told me to enrol for semester 2 at academic advising

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh what?!

Serious :|

Looks like they've done the full year this year, in which case, you'll need to get the waiver now I guess :)

Last edited:

dolbinau

HSC
Thanks,

another random question.

Does it matter if we have a practical before a lecture?

That is, say PSY 104 Class_1 Prac is on Monday but Lecture_1 is on Wednesday. Wouldn't what we learn from the lecture on Wednesday be used for the Prac? (But it's 2 days earlier). Kind of confusing, thanks.

Peartie

HSC
when i had tutes before the lecutre (say tute monday lecture tuesday) we didnt have the tute first week...then in week 2 tute we did stuff regarding week 1 lecture and so on....does that make sense?

i assume it would be similar in pracs?

dolbinau

HSC
That makes sense.

Ok, I hope this is the last question..

Is it common for people to have 'activities' straight after the other? e.g Lec 11-1 then tutorial at 1. Does everything start on time or can we afford to be a couple of minutes late? (Travel time)

Peartie

HSC
whilst the timetable says 1-2 it really means 105-155

(in germany its even better - timetable says 2-4 and means 215-1345)

dolbinau

HSC
Well this is how my timetable looks like ATM. It concerns me that so much is bunched together, is that ideal or not?

X

xeuyrawp

Well this is how my timetable looks like ATM. It concerns me that so much is bunched together, is that ideal or not?

Looks good - the main thing students have to worry about is having too many tutes on one day, as they're the ones you really have to prepare for, and you don't.

Peartie

HSC
the only real things id hate about this if it was mine are:

The 15-16 on Monday - 1 lecture that late - good luck actually going to it (if u bother at all)

and that 3 hour break on the tuesday (again its lectures so guess it wouldnt really matter - unless they're classes u find interesting then that sucks balls)

X

xeuyrawp

the only real things id hate about this if it was mine are:

The 15-16 on Monday - 1 lecture that late - good luck actually going to it (if u bother at all)

and that 3 hour break on the tuesday (again its lectures so guess it wouldnt really matter - unless they're classes u find interesting then that sucks balls)
Er, some of us have classes from 6-9... :p I had one of those classes on a day when I had 9-11am. :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I had a few of those, I got to meet Joy, our lovely prostitute and would sleep on the benches during my long breaks :D

Peartie

HSC
6-9 wouldnt be abd - i meant to go in for just ONE class i hate that but i have it again this semester @ like 12.......

between 11 and 6 u cld go home couldnt u? for me the three hour break wouldnt be worth it though :p

I had a few of those, I got to meet Joy, our lovely prostitute and would sleep on the benches during my long breaks :D
at least you didnt take up the library spaces by sleeping there when people actually had work to do!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
at least you didnt take up the library spaces by sleeping there when people actually had work to do!
Never got why they did that, much better outside on the grass or the surrounding areas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)