prescribed texts (1 Viewer)

get_born

In the paper 1 essay - if you are asked to write about your prescribed text does that mean you have to write about all four Coleridge poems?

poodoorfan

hgtrhgo

you only need to know 2 of coleridges poems not 4, unless you really want to, but 2 is all you need.

get_born

poodoorfan said:
you only need to know 2 of coleridges poems not 4, unless you really want to, but 2 is all you need.
thats what i initially thought, but then i was looking back at past papers, and in section III where they say use your prescribed text - it lists all four under the prescribed text.

For eg.

In your answer, refer to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.

The prescribed texts are:

• Prose Fiction
  • Drama
  • Poetry -Samuel Taylor Coleridge,Samuel Taylor Coleridge: The Complete Poems

*The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (1834)
    *The Lime-Tree Bower my Prison
    *Frost at Midnight
    *Kubla Khan
  • Nonfiction
  • Film

If its suppost to be 2 or 1 poem of your choosing - why would the list all four as ONE prescribed text?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
they always list separate pieces as prescribed texts. its the same as the speeches section - they always list all the speeches even when you may not have to talk about all of them.

the listing of all four poems doesnt imply that you need to talk about all four poems. if they want you to, it will say so in the question.

if it's not specified on how many Coleridge poems its up to personal choice - you can talk about one, but it would be better to talk about two or three. you could try for four, but you will probably be pushed for time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)