Presenting the ITMM major project (1 Viewer)

Danny40

HSC
Hi guys

I've done a website for my ITMM major project, but am having trouble with deciding how to present it to the markers.
Everyone else in the class has made an interactive CDROM, so they have obviously burnt their project to a CD with proper labels etc, and are giving it to the markers so they can put it in and it will all work just like it would in the industry. But this isn't really appropriate for a website.

Now i'm being told to do the same thing (it's getting a little hard now that we've just gotten a new teacher for the 3rd time in the last two terms.. they're not around long enough to actually help us), but I just think if we are presenting an Industrial Technology project, I should be presenting it like i would in real life.. So I figure I have these options:

- Give it to them on a CD like everyone else, and put an autorun on it so the website loads when he puts it in. Problem with that is it will look like it is intended as a CD package not a website, and then I don't know if i should label the CD/CD cover, for the same reason

- Put the site on the desktop or whatever of the computer it's getting marked on, and just give them a link to it, like you would with a real website.. Only problem there is they will get an Internet Explorer security warning when they open it (which wouldnt happen if it was online), so I would have to try and explain somewhere that "it's only because of the marking conditions"

- or, i could install a web server on the computer it's getting marked on, and host the website on that computer.. and just give them a link to that. As far as I can tell, that's the closest I can get to presenting it to the markers like it is supposed to be.

Any suggestions or opinions as to how I should go about it? How have you presented your website to the markers?

Thanks alot in advance

me121

Premium Member
HSC
You should install a web server on that computer (eg. Apache). that way it runs exactly like a real web site, except the link will be localhost or 127.0.0.1, also that way your server side scripting works (if you have any).

But yeah.. if its on a CD then its not a real web site. so install a web server. If you don't know how to install a web server just ask me, but it sounds like you do know.

Danny40

HSC
Yep that's what I was thinking.. Then just give them a shortcut to it

me121

Premium Member
HSC
you can't do a slide show of a web site.. then you would be doing a slide show, which is not what he has done. also a slide show doesn't have very much degree of difficulty compared with a web site and hence would not get such high marks.

A slide show is probably suitable for furniture and timber products industries of just say photos of the thing at various stages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)