Presents for your significant other (1 Viewer)

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
her birthday, valentines day, and on anniversarys (depending on which anniversarys you celebrate), technically i'd only count year anniversaries and even then BIG presents aren't what I'd get them.

HSC
here is what i have given ma man for prezzies that have been recieved well -

- shirts, items of clothing - industrie is good for this
- dogtags - engrave it with something special - i put his name and birthday on the back one as a bday pressie, now he looks like a sexy tough army man
- those chunky silvery bracelets - i bought one for $4 and gave it to him as a pressie out of the blue and he wears it lots, as opposed to one that cost $50 and he never wears, go figure.
- anything unexpected - i gave him a card coz he was stressed about exams, i made him a special book for 1 year that he loved
- pay for something - go out to dinner and a movie or a show and pay for everything.

give him a pressie sometime that is not anniversary/birthday/ special occasion.
the presents that are heartfelt and given at random times are the ones most remembered and treasured.

aHostnik

HSC
anniversary - id bracelet engraved.
valentines day - teddy & perfume (i recommend aqua di gio - its sex)
birthday - lol well for his 18th i got mine a ps2 but that what he wanted... and his 17th, car seat covers, floor matts, some jeans, and a couple of shirts

aHostnik

HSC
*caramel adele* said:

- dogtags - engrave it with something special - i put his name and birthday on the back one as a bday pressie, now he looks like a sexy tough army man
- those chunky silvery bracelets - i bought one for $4 and gave it to him as a pressie out of the blue and he wears it lots, as opposed to one that cost $50 and he never wears, go figure.
- anything unexpected - i gave him a card coz he was stressed about exams, i made him a special book for 1 year that he loved
- pay for something - go out to dinner and a movie or a show and pay for everything.

the presents that are heartfelt and given at random times are the ones most remembered and treasured.
you got a $4.00 id bracelet... id love to know where from the one i bought my mr cost $160 before engraving

olchik

HSC
*caramel adele* said:

So good advices! I always try to give my bf smth special like a one day trip somewhere or our picture on the plate...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
proposing.....ahahah lol well that's what happened to me..as for me i didnt even get him anything for his birthday - no cash and he didnt want anything anyway, but i did make a card.

bigbezza05

Student Paramedic
HSC
For my girlfriends birthday, I bought her a personalised Teddy Bear. Its a pretty sweet thing and you can personalise the type of bear, the colours of the embroidery and all this other stuff they can put on the Bear's jumper and so on.
I just searched around on the Internet and and found a company in Queensland.
myteddy.com.au

Their not to expensive either which is also a good thing. Yeah it worked a treat and she loved it.

punk_tartan

HSC
what do u buy and 18 year old significant other for his birthday ???? other than alcohol and hes already got jewellery... guys are so hard to buy for, so are there any suggestions out there !!! :D

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah you could save up the tickets and buy some fluffy dice! :eek:

olchik

HSC
great present is some activity! For example you can rent a yacht for few hours and have a nice trip, where you bf will learn how to manage it and will feel himself as a real captain!

Vahl

HSC
Try live yabbies, put them under the sheets and you're in for fun times :)

*good luck, kiddies

Vahl

HSC
The trick with gifts for your partner is always to be cheap. Why spend money on them ;), you have them now and they can't get away. Therefore give them 'gifts from the heart'.

It could be a piece of string - a dead insect you found on the way there, some rubbish from the gutter - or even -(if they're lucky)- some useful second hand cleaning utensils. Who knows what you can find at the council cleanup - toilet brushes? nylon gloves? wasted bits - rags really - of cleaning cloth :)

Your partner is sure to be stoked with such treasures, but just to be safe, invent a fake and unconvincing story about how wonderful and meaningful the gift is. Maybe the rag is one that your grandmother used to clean her own floors before she died, and you wanted your girlfriend to have the priviledge of cleaning the floors with it too. Oh no, no fancy appliances or hired cleaners in your house, you love your girlfriend so much that you want her to have the pleasure of using your special gift.

Thus are gifts found. *good luck* :)

bitchy girl

HSC
N/A
why write letters? if u break up with him .. and if he's an ass he's gonna show it to ur next bf and say shits like see how much she loved mee blab blab .. ??

Dani-L

HSC
My BF never celebrated things like anniversaries. Both 1 and 2 year i got him something with a reply of "what is this for", in which i had to say "uhh, ok cos ur special then". Obviously he didn't get me anything and i didn't want him to feel bad. My bf before him celebrated each month with a cupcake. How.... 'different' they both are. I would have been happy with at least a "aw and i still love you babe" after i comment on ''happy # year/s" but what the hey. Oh and i have personally made about 4 cards from scratch, some for no reason, that sit inside envelopes on the back of the top shelf in his room.

Don't stress girls, don't go to too much effort if you know they aren't going to appreciate what you do for them, learn from mistakes and stop after the 1st let-down.:mad1:

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
or maybe just break up cos you worth more than that?

simple.

maccaman

Banana's in your mama's.
HSC
(^o^) said:
or maybe just break up cos you worth more than that?

simple.
qft.

If a guy doesn't appreciate your presents, then he's not worth your time.

Then again, to most girls I know (note: I don't know any of you :p) guys are just portable banks that give out 100 free dollars every week.

P-R-U-D-E-N-C-E

HSC
buy him a nice card with a nice message.
buy him tickets to something? that he really likes i.e - sporting game, concert etc. (even better, something you both enjoy!)
perhaps some cologne, but how do you do that without him thinking he stinks?!?

goodluck buttercup!

gosh, got me stuck what to get my boyfriend now!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)