press release/feature article (1 Viewer)

Charlie_88

ok im doing promotion poster design for holy day. though the specifics of that arent really important atm, cos its due REALLY soon and i need to know about the press release part of it.

ORIGINALLY i thought it was just any form of press/media release that was kind of a promotion for the play. so i was doing a press release (in the same form as this company b one http://www.belvoir.com.au/uploads/Stuff Happens MR.pdf because my theatre company is company b).
but then i read my sheet with the criteria on it, and the last dot point says:
"a 500 word media feature story about the production, such as a researched article or interview which previews the production or an aspect of the production"

so now i dont know whether i can do the media release ive already got, or whether i have to change it into a feature story.

can anyone give me any definites?

whitneyfaith

woop whoop whoop
HSC
wow thank you for this...I don't know for sure but your point is a very good one. I'm doing Judas Kiss and I did an article on Oscar Wilde, with a mention of the play and I'm going to modify mine...I never looked closely at the wording...would you call Oscar Wilde an 'aspect' of the production?

Charlie_88

hmmm... not to be negative or create more work for you, but id say its probably supposed to be more focused on the production than the playwright. but then again maybe its cos im being really critical about it for myself. i guess though that he does have a pretty high relevance to the play

you wouldnt think theyd be too picky about it, would you? =S
i mean as long as theres some kind of article there i think it should be ok. id just hate for me (or any of us) to lose marks cos we didnt have quite the right form for it.

how did you go with writing your directors notes for the program? ive got everything done except for that. it just seems like anything i write is repetition of something ive written about the play somewhere else (like on my flyer or article). and i dont know how much to refer to this specific production of if im just supposed to be talking about my directors view on the play in general.

meanwhile its due monday
and my art bow is due week art that... holy cripe... have to get stuck into that once this ones done.

whitneyfaith

woop whoop whoop
HSC
I wouldn't think they'd be too picky either, thats why I was quite loose about it. Oscar Wilde is actually the subject of the play, its written by David Hare in 1998. I haven't changed it yet, but theres still 8 hours until i go to school tomorrow. (well actually, today)I'm writing my directorial concept at the moment and copying all my files onto my flash drive for the printers tomorrow morning. I have a wonderful sense of calm. apart from the fact that, regardless of the subject, my 500 word press release is 745 words. I'll have to do some cutting down.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
good luck ;)
i wanted to get my program printed off professionally on friday but i was meet by the sign outside the only printing shop in my whole town "Closed early. Gone to son's wedding. Had to close to catch the flight." I was like "aww shit...." but then i bought some fancy gloss paper and got it printed off at home. Looks good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)