pressure from parents (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Meh my parents had no say in what i chose, they let me choose what i liked and since the HSC started havnt even talked once about school or how im doing cause they know ill do the best i can, and in the end thats all they ask

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
astro said:
I was pressured by my Dad to do modern and eco, the other subjects were my choice...
however, the pressure to do get a >90 UAI is more than big....my parents drum into me that if you do crap in the HSC then the rest of your life is crap and vice versa....

However, unlike most chinese parents, my folks didn't force me to do 3u maths or any of those science subjects because they knew how bad i was at them....

And then there's the comparing that my relatives, family friends and parents love to do. So annoying! And they always compare me to those top selective school kids....I feel so inferior
yes i get the feeling as well. there is almsot no hope in you becoming that smart. sometimes, study can only carry you so far, whereas intelligence carries you past your potenial.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
astro said:
I was pressured by my Dad to do modern and eco, the other subjects were my choice...
however, the pressure to do get a >90 UAI is more than big....my parents drum into me that if you do crap in the HSC then the rest of your life is crap and vice versa....

However, unlike most chinese parents, my folks didn't force me to do 3u maths or any of those science subjects because they knew how bad i was at them....

And then there's the comparing that my relatives, family friends and parents love to do. So annoying! And they always compare me to those top selective school kids....I feel so inferior
yes i get the feeling as well. there is almsot no hope in you becoming that smart. sometimes, study can only carry you so far, whereas intelligence carries you past your potenial.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HAHA! What? Potential is the keyword. We were all of pretty equal potential when we were much younger, but due to the way each of our environments has moulded us, eahc of us has grown a different level of intelligence.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:
HAHA! What? Potential is the keyword. We were all of pretty equal potential when we were much younger, but due to the way each of our environments has moulded us, eahc of us has grown a different level of intelligence.

ah the power of logic and intelligence.....

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
heaps of ppl i know are pressured into doing 3 u eng. their parents freak coz english is comp. and then think they should do extra ..

icxdragon

HSC
N/A
yerp too many. I duno if its just the parents i know, but they seem to love 3u english, almost as much as 4u maths. They've got this notion in their head- doesn't matter if my child's pathetic at english, the wonderful scaling of 3u will boost their mark!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
icxdragon said:
yerp too many. I duno if its just the parents i know, but they seem to love 3u english, almost as much as 4u maths. They've got this notion in their head- doesn't matter if my child's pathetic at english, the wonderful scaling of 3u will boost their mark!
i use to hate english.

now i enjoy it....though not my teacher entirely.....gives me non-deserving low marks..
:mad:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
btw. eling is that your real name? if it is, its not very common. i use to know an eling...lol

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
family pressure sucks!!! My whole family expects me to do medicine or something like that... they have high expectations coz i will be the first on that side of my family to actually do my HSC... I know that they wouldnt understand that i want to do fashion design rather than go to uni...

lifes tuff :p

E

eling

lesmiester_dj said:
btw. eling is that your real name? if it is, its not very common. i use to know an eling...lol

yeh it is. do i noe u? wats ur name?

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
l-mercedes-l said:
family pressure sucks!!! My whole family expects me to do medicine or something like that... they have high expectations coz i will be the first on that side of my family to actually do my HSC... I know that they wouldnt understand that i want to do fashion design rather than go to uni...

lifes tuff :p
expect??? medicine, wots wrong wif that... it would be the best job :D
but do wot u want... u wont be happi if u doin a job 40hrs a week n u hate it lol

Mumma

HSC
my parents didnt even know I could choose my subjects until I told them after I handed in my subject selection sheet. in other words, they dont care.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
^^ we had to get our parents to sign the sub form, to know what we picked!

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
haha .. what happens if your fave number is 31? lol uai of 31 here i come ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)