previous employer wont provide me with a payg summary/group cert, what to do? (1 Viewer)

HSC
an unscrupulous employer i worked for earlier in the financial year is refusing to provide me with one/ignoring my requests

what should i do if i havent received one by july 14 as i still want to lodge my tax return and get a large refund from my current job

thanks

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
an unscrupulous employer i worked for earlier in the financial year is refusing to provide me with one/ignoring my requests

what should i do if i havent received one by july 14 as i still want to lodge my tax return and get a large refund from my current job

thanks
I could be wrong, but you can not get one yet anyway. They legally have to provide you with one anyway. I have also got to get one off my past employer

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
It's against the law for them to not supply you with a Group Cert.

I need to get 3 certificates from 3 jobs - yay. Epic tax refund :)

spence

HSC
They don't give group certificates until the end of the financial year

Peartie

HSC
maybe he is talking about last financial year mayb guy just mayb

thanks
wouldnt that indicate THIS financial year, just maybe?

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
calm down, you don't need to lodge your tax return until end of October. Plus the reason your employer hasn't given it to you yet is probably because they want to process all the FY PAYG tax summaries in one go to everyone in the company. Since the year doesn't end until 30 June, they probably haven't gotten them prepared yet. Just wait it out

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
I had this same problem with my employer last year. Fucking prick.

Called ATO, they said they couldn't force the employer to hand it over, so I had to guesstimate the tax withheld.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)