• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Previous McDonald's Workers? (2 Viewers)

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out in any way possible?

Earlier today I called two McDonald's restaurants and pretty much said that I'm interested in obtaining casual work. Both restaurants (one being in Prospect and the other in Seven Hills) told me to come in and get an application form.

If anyone here knows of McDonalds' employment procedures could you please advise me before I stumble head first into being 'rejected'?

To be totally honest, I'm not too much of a confident speaker to strangers, but if i rehearse I do alright :|.

Anyway, yeah, if you have any information on their employment procedures please advise me. This will be the first time I ever apply for a job anywhere.

Thanks in advance

arooshika...

HSC
GaDaMIt said:

Earlier today I called two McDonald's restaurants and pretty much said that I'm interested in obtaining casual work. Both restaurants (one being in Prospect and the other in Seven Hills) told me to come in and get an application form.

If anyone here knows of McDonalds' employment procedures could you please advise me before I stumble head first into being 'rejected'?

To be totally honest, I'm not too much of a confident speaker to strangers, but if i rehearse I do alright :|.

Anyway, yeah, if you have any information on their employment procedures please advise me. This will be the first time I ever apply for a job anywhere.

Thanks in advance
i know for kfc, sorry

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
u can't get rejected from mcdonalds, its the bottom of the employment chain.

if they need casual staff then,
basically u go in fill out a form give it to them, the manager speaks to you for a minute to get the formalitites out of the way and then your hired

arooshika...

HSC
gordo said:
u can't get rejected from mcdonalds, its the bottom of the employment chain.

if they need casual staff then,
basically u go in fill out a form give it to them, the manager speaks to you for a minute to get the formalitites out of the way and then your hired
nah i think kfc needs people, people always quit at KFC cause they expect to much unless its a crap KFC

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
GaDaMIt said:
So rehearse answers to some common questions
why do you want to work here?
what is good customer service?
what would you do if you had an angry customer?
when have you worked as a team?
tell me about yourself

are the most basic of all questions

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Heh I got the application form. Can someone help me fill it out? Theres the "Two Most Recent Jobs" bit, and in brackets it says "If no previous employment provide a personal reference". Can anyone specify what this means? And possibly give an example?

arooshika...

HSC
GaDaMIt said:
Heh I got the application form. Can someone help me fill it out? Theres the "Two Most Recent Jobs" bit, and in brackets it says "If no previous employment provide a personal reference". Can anyone specify what this means? And possibly give an example?
a reference from a teacher is always acceptable

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Very importantly, keep you 'availability' quite open, make sure there are more occassions you are available rather than not available, McDonalds do not want to waste their time with workers who will not work when required. Also, Gordo was quite wrong in what he said about McDonalds not giving a stuff about who they hire, just like any other job you need to show you have a balanced lifestyle, ie say you enjoy sport or other extra curricular activity.

I know for a fact that at Dads store, people who lack personality and drive do not get offered the job, in fact many applicants get knocked back, and i can guarentee it is the same at many other stores. Just be yourself and be interested and enthusiastic about working their, you should be fine.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
GaDaMIt said:

Thanks in advance
LMAO
Funniest post EVER!

Walk on in, fill out your application form, start the next day.
Are you available 24/7?
Good, you'll be hired.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
biggles04 said:
LMAO
Funniest post EVER!

Walk on in, fill out your application form, start the next day.
Are you available 24/7?
Good, you'll be hired.
bullshit...ignore it...your question was very valid...

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
it is quite easy to get a job at McDonalds.
They didn't check my references because my brother already worked there.
Basically I filled in the form, had a 3 minute interview (So you're **** brother? Yeah, you look like him. So... what do you like to do? Any sports? You willing to work front counter? Yeah coz some people aren't.. don't know why, don't like cutomers I guess :D.. Okay, well come by on Sunday at 4pm and we'll do your orientation..)

A lot of people bag out Maccas but it is a fun job for a 15 or 16 year old.. because everyone else is that old too, it's hardly liek work at all :D except for bitchy customers that give you the shits but you learn to ignore them. Of course, the pay is total shite but what can you do..

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
biggles04 said:
If you're enthusiastic, available and well presented, you've got the job.
yes thats true and thats what Meads was saying. it sounded like you were saying you could get the job with your dick tied behind your back and your finger up your nose.. Meads was saying that you do have to have some kind of credibility.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Mr_Shrimp said:
it is quite easy to get a job at McDonalds.
They didn't check my references because my brother already worked there.
I wonder if in ANY of the things I've applied for.. if they've ever rung up my references.

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
seremify007 said:
I wonder if in ANY of the things I've applied for.. if they've ever rung up my references.
oo oo oo!! coles myer did for me.. i think..

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
biggles04 said:
You've got to be kidding, please give evidence.

If you're enthusiastic, available and well presented, you've got the job.
The evidence is in the mountain of rejected applicants at Dads store. Anyway, you basically said it yourself, you have to be enthusiastic, well presented and available...just like any other casual position your going to apply for. Everybody just has to be so 'anti-McDonalds' just to be in with the crowd.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Meads said:
The evidence is in the mountain of rejected applicants at Dads store. Anyway, you basically said it yourself, you have to be enthusiastic, well presented and available...just like any other casual position your going to apply for. Everybody just has to be so 'anti-McDonalds' just to be in with the crowd.
You continue to mention your father's store. Does he own a McDonald's franchise?

P

pLuvia

Same coles myers rang my work, then that work fired me or stopped rostering me :):D But I didn't get into it so I now work at McDonalds and my last shift this sunday :D:D:D

Oh to the thread starter back out of McDonalds while you still can :p You'll be regretting it in the long run, trust me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)