Pride & Prejudice on the ABC in 2 wks!! (1 Viewer)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Finally!!!!!!!!!

tho ive watched it enough times...but i just cant get enough of colin and Mr Bingley's charm... hehe and its all here:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/highlights/s1153108.htm

but to be more with the 'reading' side of things, this adaptation is quite faithful to one of JA's renowned novels and i reccomend it for those who are struggling to read the novel or dont have the time to, though it is 5 hours long and would go over 5 wks, and only gets juicy towards the last half...
oh well doing the bingley thing always puts a smile on my face :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
:eek: I'll have to remind myself. I'm reading it right now, I loved Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, nobody will every fill his shoes.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
and the strange thing is, every time i see colin firth in other roles, im predispositioned to hint a scent of darcy... hehe they should name that as fragrance for women, it would sell well i think :D

Cicciolina

HSC
veanz said:
and the strange thing is, every time i see colin firth in other roles, im predispositioned to hint a scent of darcy
Haha yep! Like in Love Actually - not that his character was well developed at all, but you just love him anyway because you just see him as Mr Darcy *sigh*
And I don't think he's even particular *that* good looking... just... so sweet. And Pemberley's preeettty.
I'll definitely be watching this, just in time for the HSC! :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yeah someone better remind us abt it when it gets closer LOL i hardly watch tv now.. only bum around BOS :eek:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yay! i wanna watch it! someone hasta remind me when its on but...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
veanz said:
and the strange thing is, every time i see colin firth in other roles, im predispositioned to hint a scent of darcy... hehe they should name that as fragrance for women, it would sell well i think :D

He's played two Mr Darcy's. Makes me happy *swoon*

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I already have the tapes (from studying it in EE1 :p) but it'll be fun to watch it on TV like a series :)

Last edited:

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Mmmm, we're studying it in English right now. I've seen the series quite a few times now, and I'm lending out the tapes, but I'll prolly watch it anyways. We get to see Colin Firth as Darcy in Bridget Jone's, cos we're studying that as well. *sigh* Does he have a fan club I can join?

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
I already have the tapes (from studying it in EE1 :p) but it'll be fun to watch it on TV like a series :)
hehe im going to tape it cos im so cheap to buy it for $60 from the ABC shop... sssshh

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I actually didn't watch this too long ago. I'm going to tape it all for meeee!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i didnt realise missed out on the first episode until someone told me!? :(

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
dark`secrets said:
i didnt realise missed out on the first episode until someone told me!? :(
I MISSED IT TOO!!! :mad: I bought NW magazine, saw Colin Firth in there and remembered it! Fuck :(

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
gawd im so very sorry i didnt post a reminder msg!

im doing the bingley thing.... doing the bingley thing... hes so cute and warm! :D

astro

HSC
i couldn't wait any longer to see the rest of P&P so i went to the library and borrowed it again.....the librarian is suspicious

astro

HSC
Colin Firth is in all probability the one and only Mr. Darcy - right now i can't imagine any other actor playing the part... and keira knightely playing elizabeth - i don't think so...

Apparently there was a Pride and Prejudice modern appropriation which was never released in Australia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)