Primary School Teaching (1 Viewer)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i was talking to some people the other day and they said that this course does not prepare you for the industry that well. Is this true? For anyone in the course, is it good or not? cause im thinkin of switching degree's to it. Any Inside info would be great.

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
Well i am not sure about the preparing for the industry bit ... as of yet considering i have only just started. But I think it will prepare me pretty well as there seems to be a big emphasis on practical experience as you do at least 6 weeks prac a year. Also the majority of the lecturers have been primary school teachers themselves and pass down a lot of helpful inside information about the profession and give ou plenty of teaching ideas.

I would have to say the course is fairly enjoyable, but i guess it is the friendliness of education students which makes it that little more enjoyable. Though it all depends on what your into. This first semester saw the passion i had for mathematics (when i left high school) diminish slightly, and helped me develop an interest in english (which i previously dispised) so i see that as being really good.
Hope that helps a little!

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
Though i probably should add...the course offered at wagga is said to be really different to the one offered here at bathurst and in dubbo.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
man i heard its screwed atg wagga from ppl who have finished and who r doin it

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
hey tabbi_neubeck, thanks for the info.

crazybrad said:
man i heard its screwed atg wagga from ppl who have finished and who r doin it
care to elaborate?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i posted in some other thread bout it recently bacically it dont prepare u for bein a teacher

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
wastes every1s time and money when u really learn in the workplace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)