Primary vs. Secondary Salary (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
I'm not sure whether it varies from school to school, but what are the wages for secondary teachers in the public sector. it works on levels right? for each year you teach you move up a level? so what are all the levels? and ditto for primary school teachers. how does primary compare to secondary AND on average, how does private compare to public?

cheers.

dora_18

HSC
The more experienced you are inevitably you're going to get more...for example if you're the co-ordinator of a faculty/departement you'll receive more than the teacher who isn't. Im not sure of any "levels" as such-never really talked to my teachers at school that much about it...but im assuming they're there and attribute to those sorts of things.

Private schools obviously pay more, the better the private school the more they pay you too.
The principal at Ascham gets ~ 350K a year...before she moved there she was at North Sydney girls where she got 115K. Nice triple

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
on the info for new teachers award, is that a proposal or is that the official new award wages for public sector teachers?

SweetSeasons

HSC
I think also the rate of pay changes from state to state.. a mate of mine thinks the starting slaray for a teacher in QLD is like 38k a year compared to NSW's 50k a year.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
my mates a teacher at my school, which is a private secondary school, and she gets about $800 a week

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah the diff between private and public really isnt that different, it's just a massive miss conception..

see a pirvate school as a business.. why would any business pay more then what they had to for something? it just doesn't make any sense.

BlackDragon

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
yeah the diff between private and public really isnt that different, it's just a massive miss conception..

see a pirvate school as a business.. why would any business pay more then what they had to for something? it just doesn't make any sense.
generally though, for the richer private schools, they pay teachers more because its so much harder to get into one of their jobs and you have to be way more experienced, knowledgable and ready to work than most teachers.

i agree with you though.

turtleface

HSC
teacher salaries really bite, especially in the public system

jeez you'd think they can spend a bit to improve the pay of teachers, doctors and nurses since they do such an important job where you need the best people, but get arsed in the pay deptartment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)