Primer... where is the cheapest? (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I need me some primer for makeup, since it protects my face from all the makeup. Anyway the best I could find is 65 bucks, which is nonsense, anyone know any cheaper place to buy it? thanks

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you want the absolute cheapest, Face of Australia Face Base Primer with vitamin E and chamomile. I think its around $12-15. This actually has the exact same ingredients as Napoleon Perdis auto pilot bar the fragrance, though who knows at what amounts. I've used both and tbh there wasn't a hell of a lot of difference, NP is just generally shit house.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Yeah the Australis one is probably the cheapest I've ever seen.

I've never used a primer before. My foundation routine typically just involves some tinted moisturiser and a bit of loose powder on the t-zone. Works for me.

What does it actually do? Is it worth buying? It always seems to be pretty expensive bar the aforementioned Australis so I've never been bothered to get any.

fuzzy09

HSC
What does it actually do? Is it worth buying? It always seems to be pretty expensive bar the aforementioned Australis so I've never been bothered to get any.
It pretty much acts like a barrier between your skin and your makeup, its good as your pores dont get clogged. Your foundation usually also lasts longer, as it prevents it from slipping off your face :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Is there much more of a benefit than using a tinted moisturiser? I Just tone and then pop on some oil free tinted moisturiser and use that as a basis for make-up, dual purpose and costs like $8-10

tonyharrison

HSC
It helps all make up stay on longer and gives a smoother surface to apply shit too

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
try natio glow for a cheap primer
or if you can get a hold of it, monistat anti chafing gel
it has the same ingredients as smashbox photo finish primer but is about $5 instead of $50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)