• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

printing pastpapers (1 Viewer)

ar3nbe

HSC
im a little curious how you all print out our past papaers. At an average of 30 pages an exam, with 5 exams, and pringing the last 3 years thats already 450pages (needed a calculator for that :p). This isnt inculding any other subjects you do, and no printing out any other resources. So how do you go about it?

Do you print double sided, or make booklets ? Or do you just scab them all of your teacher/school ?

sally_33

HSC
most of my teachers don't give them but hopefully they will nearer the hsc. anyway i just print them double sided, and skip all the blank pages and like the first page its takes longer but i can get them onto about 5-10 pieces of paper

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I usually do them back to back, and I didnt print them all at once but took them gradually. Mainly i just printed maths questions which at most took up 5-6 pages back to back normally or about 10 pages with answers.

HSC
N/A
i've got it pretty good - most of our teachers supply us with 1-2 past papers
but i've found printing it from the bos site is one hell of a lot better - because the teachers give em to you a little late.
Double siding is the best option if you're keen on saving paper - but if you recycle [like me! lol] then you're fine printing out each page individually. I like this option better - as i can create a booklet for myself [each subject] and all, then write on the sheets and have room for extra writin on the backs..
Also - i've found it really helpful to buy the books [like the one's by Aaron Butler Publishing] coz they're really handi! :)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Sometimes I get them from teachers at school; but also over time, I've slowly been printing off past papers -> just on single pieces of paper, then I staple them or put holes in them and put them in my subject folders for revision.

My folks are ALWAYS complaining about the printer paper going missing or running out so fast! :uhhuh: They said I have to buy the next reem! :mad:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i got maths from my teacher

english...umm just copied the questions that i needed

history - ditto

economics- got half from teacher and printed the rest on draft ink function

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Double sided printing.
If you can buy the past paper books second hand, its well worth it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
double sided printing is hellish if you're disorganised like me. Flapping paper ends up all over the place after awhile....

for stuff like english/history where there a zillion options, just copy/paste your elective and done!

sally_33

HSC
Sarah168 said:
double sided printing is hellish if you're disorganised like me. Flapping paper ends up all over the place after awhile....
with double sided printing i always just chuck in a stack of paper and press 'print odd pages', then you just put them back in and press 'print even pages' so its not too bad even if you're disorganised!!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
sally_33 said:
with double sided printing i always just chuck in a stack of paper and press 'print odd pages', then you just put them back in and press 'print even pages' so its not too bad even if you're disorganised!!
i used to print one page, take it out flip it and print on the back...it took soooo long to do :chainsaw: ...eventually i realised the odd/even thing is much better :p

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Hahaha, such is the life of the HSC typer...*files nails*.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i had this program, forget what it was called, but you could put 2 pages worth of text on one page of paper, so i did that, only used half as much paper and ink and ended up with all these cute little mini-books

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
if u can scale em down to 2 pages per sheet is good..

and i just use the schools printers hahah.. laserjets :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)