Priority Offer Scheme (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
First off, has anyone received a confirmation letter or email?
Alternatively, has anyone received a priority offer already, or know what date offers will be released?
Thankies :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
-bump-
Does anyone know??
Checked the UWS again and it doesn't seem to explain anything about it, really..

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
"Advantage 3: UWS Early Offer

If you meet the above criteria you will be automatically considered for an early conditional if your UAI equals or exceeds the UWS 2008 UAI cut-off for the course to which you seek admission. You will receive this offer before the Christmas holidays.
All schools will also be invited to submit details of students who may be eligible for a priority conditional offer on the basis of their potential success at University study. This priority offer will be made to these students before they commence their HSC exams. The priority offer is designed to take the stress out of whether or not you’ll get an offer."

Before the Christmas holidays, unless your school sent in a supporting statement and details, if so you should recieve an offer next week just before exams.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Wooz said:
Before the Christmas holidays, unless your school sent in a supporting statement and details, if so you should recieve an offer next week just before exams.
yeahhh that's what I was wondering. So I'm guessing no one's received the offers based on the school's reccomendations?

LiLi.azndoll

HSC
N/A
I just received mine but I don't really understand how it works still. hehe
I'll look into it after HSC.

Roga

HSC
I got a reply in my junk mail:

Congratulations! According to the information submitted on your behalf by your High School, you are eligible for a Conditional Priority Offer to UWS. Details of the course/s for which you are eligible for a Conditional Priority Offer are:

707150 B Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership)
707075 B Business and Commerce
702250 B Economics
707025 B Business and Commerce

A full list of Priority Offer courses and the 2008 cut-off is available at www.uws.edu.au/admissions and follow the link to Priority Offer Course List

The condition of this offer is:

that your actual 2008 UAI is equivalent to or higher than the 2008 cut-off for the UWS course/s listed above
if you are eligible to receive 5 Regional Bonus Points this will be included

We will write to you again after your UAI is released to update you on the status of your eligibility for an unconditional Priority Offer, detailing the course/s for which you are eligible. We will include information on how to claim your Priority Offer.

If you have any further queries about this Conditional Priority Offer, please contact the Course Information Centre on 1800 897 669 or email study@uws.edu.au

Yours sincerely

Robyn Causley
Manager, Admissions & PGRSA

Matt1120

Basically a History Nerd
HSC
I didnt even apply and i got conditional for
700425 B Arts
700525 B Arts
700590 B Arts (Interpreting and Translation)
700600 B International studies

What the Hell???? UWS isnt even one of my UAC preferences. Stupid school signed me up for it I think :vcross:

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I found this in my junk mail too and was about to delete it haha luckily i checked it! I guess I wasn't aware the school put my name down for this.

Ackriff

HSC
Matt1120 said:

What the Hell???? UWS isnt even one of my UAC preferences.
Also got mine in the junk mail. As per others i got priority entry into courses that i didn't even have down and it was for advanced science which needs a 90 UAI. :confused: ha.

LAMBERS16

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
yeah I got mine, conditional entry for all law courses. woop.
I know it probably sounds dumb...
but does that mean that absolutely everyone who put down a combined law degree at uws will be offered a conditional entry? as in its automatically offered to each person?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
LAMBERS16 said:
I know it probably sounds dumb...
but does that mean that absolutely everyone who put down a combined law degree at uws will be offered a conditional entry? as in its automatically offered to each person?
not a dumb question, but no, your school had to send supporting info to uws to get conditional entry.

LAMBERS16

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
not a dumb question, but no, your school had to send supporting info to uws to get conditional entry.
haha i have another question now that u mention that!
so everyone that had supporting info from their school that applied - does that mean that the necessary persons at uws went through each person's application (that applied for the scheme) and chose a certain number of ppl for conditional entry based on the info that was forwarded by the school?

i was just asking coz i was unsure if there was a limit to how many conditionals they gave out... i got one obviously, which is why im being annoying with confusing questions!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i've got no idea actualy haha
everyone i know who applied for it got it...
but then obviously some schools sent it in without the knoledge of the students, so yeah... really not sure if everyone got it.

mirsad351

HSC
Hi all, first of all congrats on finishing the HSC freedom at last!
I just got 1 question about an email I got from UWS this was the email i recieved:

Congratulations on your recent achievements in Year 12! I wrote to you in October following your nomination for the University of Western Sydney’s Priority Offer Scheme and advised that you would receive more information after the release of the UAI.

I am pleased to advise that your UAI makes you eligible to receive an offer for the course/s listed below, as part of the University of Western Sydney’s Priority Offer Scheme.

704785 B Information and Communication Technology Parramatta

Priority Offer Scheme offers can be made to eligible applicants in either the Preliminary Round or the Main Round. Preliminary Round offers are published on 6 January 2009 and Main Round offers are published on 21 January 2009.

Preliminary Round
Preliminary Round offers are only made to first preference courses, so to receive your UWS Priority Offer, you must have the course of your choice (the one you wish to receive the offer to), listed as your first preference by 2 January 2009.

UWS has received a significant increase in first preferences for 2009 so this early offer presents a great opportunity to secure a place in your preferred course.

If you receive an offer in the Preliminary Round, and still want to be considered for other courses in the Main Round, you must change your preferences with UAC by 7 January 2008.

Main Round
If you do not receive your UWS Priority Offer in the Preliminary Round, you will still be eligible to receive your Priority Offer in the Main Round, as long as it is your highest eligible preference. This means you still list your courses in the preferred order, and UWS will give you a Priority Offer, as long as you do not receive another offer to a higher preference course.

If you receive offers in both the Preliminary Round and the Main Round, both offers are valid and you can choose the course you would like to study when you accept and enrol.

If you have any further queries, please contact the Course Information Centre on 1800 897 669 or email study@uws.edu.au. Please note, the Course information Centre will be closed between 3.00 pm Monday 24 December 2008 and 8.30 am Monday 5 January 2009.

Yours sincerely

Robyn Causley
Manager, Admissions & PGRSA

To put it simply, does this mean I will get an offer to study "704785 B Information and Communication Technology - Parramatta" and will the offer be given in the prelim or main round? Just need some clarification much appreciated :)

acehigh16123456

HSC
I just recieved an email for early entry into:
B Nursing - Hawkesbury
B Biomolecular sc - Campbelltown

It means you have to put the courses they have offered you as the first preference. Then wait until the 6th of January and you most probably will be accepted into the preliminary round. If not you will be one of the first people considered for the main round.

M

moye1025

Main Round
"If you do not receive your UWS Priority Offer in the Preliminary Round, you will still be eligible to receive your Priority Offer in the Main Round, as long as it is your highest eligible preference. This means you still list your courses in the preferred order, and UWS will give you a Priority Offer, as long as you do not receive another offer to a higher preference course."

Could someone please clarify what exactly this means? So if you put your priority offer course as your second preference and if you don't get accepted by your first preference(at a university other than UWS and hence not receiving a "higher preference course" as stated) you'll still get accepted for your priority offer course at UWS????

anyone able to shine some light on this????

I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)