Privacy in relationships (1 Viewer)

If your gf / bf (of 1-2 yrs) wanted to look at your phone, is it ok to say no?

• I'm a girl and I think it is okay to say no.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'm a girl and I think it is suspicious to say no.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'm a boy and I think it is okay to say no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a boy and I think it is suspicious to say no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

musik_junky

HSC
I'm just wondering, do people think it is ok to have some privacy in your romantic relationships? If you've been going out for 1 or 2 years and your gf / bf wanted to look at your phone, is it ok to say no, we should have some privacy? Or is that suspicious?

I want to see what people think & also whether there are any gender differences in the responses.

HSC
Uni Grad
If I had a GF who didn't let me look at her phone I'd be pretty suspicious. I mean... what do you have to hide?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I don't think that just because you've been together a long time, that you have the right to go through your partner's private things. It's one thing to have access to their email/phone/FB whatever and quite another to actually use that access - it's called trust.

I went through a partner's FB once when I was pissed. Regretted it immediately and I will never, ever do it again. Just because you had/have access to that information it doesn't mean you should exercise that access - otherwise it just erodes trust.

HSC
Eh, it depends on the circumstances, and whether a person needs those boundaries.

I mean, I know someone who has heaps of people who confide in her. So no one but her can touch her phone. Including boyfriends.

HSC
To be honest, I'd be pretty pissed if my boyfriend snooped through my emails/phone etc.

He has plenty of time/access to do so, but it's about trust.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
umm yeah she can go through my phone if she wants, but it doesn't mean she'll find anything, i'll always be two steps ahead

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
trust.

i dont give a shit if he wants to look at my phone, not that he's going to ask. nothing to hide?

HSC
Two of my gf's are pretty good about giving me space, but the other two are really pissing me off atm, trying to access my scheduler and decrypt my phone. I think I'm going to put them on probation.
put them down more like

HSC
Trust? Nobody should be snooping around, and nobody should be doing something they shouldn't. I wouldn't hide anything in my phone, and he doesn't need to be looking through it...

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
All I have in my email is copious amounts of emails to and from potential employers, bloggers, journalists and some itunes receipts. My phone: lots of photos of my puppy and a few chain texts.

But that being said I don't like anyone looking at my phone. It's mine, get lost.

Sadiah

HSC
He can go through my phone whenever, I don't mind. I have nothing to hide. But it also depends on why he seems to be going through it, and it obviously would make me question him if he frequently does it.

It's a matter of understanding and trust, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)