Private Tutor Vs Tutoring College (1 Viewer)

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Hey guys so I'm going to be picking up a tutoring for year 11, Maths, Phys, Chem and I was wondering what would be better. Private tutor or going to a coaching college so could anyone give me reasons which is better and why it is, thanks for reading.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
You should come to me.
Jokes aside, I reckon a private tutor is better, because the experience is more personalised. Colleges (in my limited experience) don't REALLY let you ask as many questions as you'd like to.
Profession private tutors tend to be more expensive.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
You should come to me.
Jokes aside, I reckon a private tutor is better, because the experience is more personalised. Colleges (in my limited experience) don't REALLY let you ask as many questions as you'd like to.
Go to him ^ Also, I agree with the fact that you should find private tuition instead because it actually allows you to ask questions and not get embarrassed about it such as in a class. I've had friends who got laughed at for simply asking stupid questions in their coaching centre. I guess there's more freedom with 1 on 1 tutoring in that sense.

HSC
I think it really depends what you want to get out of the tutoring sessions
because from personal experience colleges tend to get you ahead of the topics
and allows you to see the competition you're up against whilst private tutoring
aids you with particular things you need help with. hope that helped :)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
tbh, for those subjects I would recommend small group tuition. No more than 8 students. Allows you to still get personal attention and questions answered as well as perhaps alternate ways of solving problems etc..

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
You should come to me.
I charge $40 to $50/hr, depending on level, including travelling to student's place. Most people cannot afford this, although they are prepared to pay that rate for premier coaching centres. But if a coaching centre charges only $35/hr but holds a class of > 10 students, that's > $350/ hr. It's all relative.

Simorgh

HSC
Bump! I am thinking of getting tutoring but not sure of which sort for like Maths and the Sciences

One my friends whose quitting from Talent100, said it was like a living hell for him. Basically his like feeling too much pressure and his feeling dumber than everyone else over there unlike at our school which is like ranked somewhere in the 40s I think.

His changing to private tutoring next term. So yeah he suggested me not to go to any tutoring college like talent 100 or matrix, as it doesn't help as they teach and go over the same stuff at school, but school teaches in kind of a slow and chilled way and not in a rush like at a tutoring college.

So I am still thinking about it..

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Bump! I am thinking of getting tutoring but not sure of which sort for like Maths and the Sciences

One my friends whose quitting from Talent100, said it was like a living hell for him. Basically his like feeling too much pressure and his feeling dumber than everyone else over there unlike at our school which is like ranked somewhere in the 40s I think.

His changing to private tutoring next term. So yeah he suggested me not to go to any tutoring college like talent 100 or matrix, as it doesn't help as they teach and go over the same stuff at school, but school teaches in kind of a slow and chilled way and not in a rush like at a tutoring college.

That's your homie's opinion, doesn't necessarily apply to you. You can trial those coaching centres then decide for yourself

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

If you wanna go to tutoring that is group (and before school starts) then I'd suggest you go to a place like PEAK science or Ngo and Sons. Their syllabus is quite ahead of the school syllabus and not 1 term ahead/ exactly the same time as school.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
tbh, for those subjects I would recommend small group tuition. No more than 8 students. Allows you to still get personal attention and questions answered as well as perhaps alternate ways of solving problems etc..
Good point, however if you're extremely competitive and a high achiever then I don't think small group is for you as you don't require much individual attention unless there's a certain aspect/concept that you're struggling in

Simorgh

HSC
If you wanna go to tutoring that is group (and before school starts) then I'd suggest you go to a place like PEAK science or Ngo and Sons. Their syllabus is quite ahead of the school syllabus and not 1 term ahead/ exactly the same time as school.
To be honest, I am not the sort of person that likes to learn in a rush and ahead of school. It just confuses me heaps and I would actually hate that particular subject or topic for a while. I would basically lose my motivation.

I think private tutor would suit me best as they can best focus on my strengths and weaknesses.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
To be honest, I am not the sort of person that likes to learn in a rush and ahead of school. It just confuses me heaps and I would actually hate that particular subject or topic for a while. I would basically lose my motivation.

I think private tutor would suit me best as they can best focus on my strengths and weaknesses.
Do what's best for you Simorgh :)

Also good private tutors are hard to find IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)