Probability Questions (1 Viewer)

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
Hey guys;

I was just wondering if anyone had any thouhgts on or examples of the hardest possible probability questions we can be asked in 2u. My 3rd assessment is entirely on probability [i no... go figure] and im worred that they might throw in a few really hard questions but i cant seem to find anything ridiculouslyhard...

The only thing i can think of are the ones which take a log function to solve, like find how many games [etc] would need to occur for there to be a 90% chance of winning etc...

Id love to hear from anyone who has any idea of how difficult these questions can possibly get with/without an example...

Thankyou for taking the time to read this... GOODLUCK EVERYONE

luv Saedie

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
check previous 2u papers. they shouldn't get too hard.

rama_v

HSC
Sometimes you may get a question which requires the formula for the limiting sum of a GP, so these are ones to watch out for. An example is Q10(a) in the 1994 HSC 2 unit paper where you use the fomrula to calculate the P(win)=a/(1-r) ...

rama_v

HSC
azza_3761 said:
Isn't that more for series and sequences rather than probability?
It sometimes appears in probability questions. Usually the first few parts are ordinary ones and then the last part requires this formula.

FinalFantasy

HSC
l-mercedes-l said:
Hey guys;

I was just wondering if anyone had any thouhgts on or examples of the hardest possible probability questions we can be asked in 2u. My 3rd assessment is entirely on probability [i no... go figure] and im worred that they might throw in a few really hard questions but i cant seem to find anything ridiculouslyhard...

The only thing i can think of are the ones which take a log function to solve, like find how many games [etc] would need to occur for there to be a 90% chance of winning etc...

Id love to hear from anyone who has any idea of how difficult these questions can possibly get with/without an example...

Thankyou for taking the time to read this... GOODLUCK EVERYONE

luv Saedie
here i juz found a random one...
i)Find the probability that 6 throws of a fair die result in exactly 3 even scores, all of which are different.
ii)Find the probability that exactly 6 throws of a fair die are needed in order to obtain 3 even scores.
iii)Find the probability that at least 6 throws of a fair die are needed in order to obtain 3 even scores.

have fun! i hate probability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)