probability that this yr's aos q. wont/will be an essay? (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Well, you might be trying to write to a deity, and for some people a canine has more religion than Lazarus. :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Oh. I talk to my dog, 'cause he understands English :D

Don't know if he can write though ;)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by anti
Oh. I talk to my dog, 'cause he understands English :D

Don't know if he can write though ;)
yeah, i remember once in ripleys believe or not show there was a dog which actually howled to the tune of certain songs.:D

margieb

i'm pretty sure there will be a feature article in either the trial or hsc. the only thing is that i dont really know the structure of a feature article. like i know u have to include a striking heading, and the first paragraph sets out the article but really what do u put in the body?

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
Originally posted by margieb
like i know u have to include a striking heading, and the first paragraph sets out the article but really what do u put in the body?
subjective?? chuck in your own opinion sometimes...

that and the catchy title is all that separates a feature article from an essay (well, in exam conditions anyway....) :angel:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Feature articles...

anecdotes (personal stories), usually first person (sometimes second or third depending on your intended audience), casual/informal tone (try to avoid colloquialisms unless they're very obviously intentional, because this can be regarded as sloppy English).

A catchy heading to draw the reader in. Sometimes pictures (not that you need one). If you're analysing a feature article look for columns, line spacing, justified text, even the font if you have nothing else to talk about. Short sentences, sometimes incomplete ones.

Look for puns (plays on words), and those quotes in-line.. erm.. i forget what they're called. Popouts or something. Ask your teacher.

References to popular culture, or something that the audience will relate to. Always trying to get the audience interested.

A byline usually.

Canoodle

Loves it
HSC
i'm praying its not design a cd rom --- id hate that

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
only one of the extended responses they give us HAVE to be in essay format, so i reckon it is most likely if they want to throw in a few other things that the AoS question will be an essay (to separate the adv from the stnd kids) and the modules will be other forms.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Yeah, they can ask you to write a brochure.
Or design a website. Or write a conversation in an internet chatroom. (which I think would be a COMPLETE joke, but my english teacher made us do practices at this, so it must be possible...:rolleyes: )
haha if it resembled anything like the discussions in this forum...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)