Probably don't need another thread of this sort but... (1 Viewer)

Fetus Baby

HSC
I am so worried!

I started year 12 of pretty decently. I was top three is all my subjects, but recently i've completely slipped. I think my best subject is Art or Drama and I'm 4th and 3rd (originally tied for 1st in drama) rank overall, in those. I've gone down to 14 in English advanced (out of 46) and although i was orinigally 2nd in modern history I'm probbly about 10th now, and while i started off 3rd in Ancient I'm probably 8th in that now. My trials went really, really bad.

I was just wondering is it still possible to get a UAI of 83+ for BA at Sydney Uni if i apply myself for the HSC exams nd get like in the 90's for all the subjects? I'm so worried that I've completely thrown my future away becuase i burnt out at a crucial time.

I know this sounds like a whingy angsty post but I'm so worried, and really need re-assurance. Better yet: a realistic answer.

Fetus Baby

HSC
Hmm...thanks, but I don't know

I was also wondering, because I really want to do Media and Communications, could someone explain to me this "transfer" thing. Say I get into BA at USYD then is it possible in the 2nd year to transfer if you get expetionally high marks? I heard about this but then when i read about Media and communications it didn't mention it at all so i was wondering if it's true, and whether someone could elaborate, and tell me how I can ensure I can get a tranfer, becuase i KNOW a 98 UAI is out of the picture.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Last edited:

Fetus Baby

HSC
Thanks, I might do that.

Ps. Radiohead fan are we? OK Computer... very nice.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
The fact that you have concern indicates to me that you're willing to improve. Even though your ranks have slipped, they're still pretty good! You're only halfway there with your marks (i.e. the HSC makes up 50%) so what you do between now and your exams will make a HUGE difference. Keep your goal of the BA at USyd and study as best (note: "BEST", not "MUCH") as you can, and you really should be fine. Hopefully next year we'll be BA buddies! :)

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)