Probably one of the best threads you'll read all year. Trust me (cost me a year of my life). (1 Viewer)

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
What ever happened to this thread; my younger brother is now in year 12 so i decided to remind him a tad bit about myself. Its been nearly 11 years since the HSC, hopefully i still have the record for the most downloaded notes? or possibly... for chem and bio. Just search it in Biology and Chemistry Main page of this site, brother looking back at these you dont know boys how much i work i put into these, i now looking at these a university student who swapped around between 4-5 degrees ending at UNSW comm/law, i still say this i found incosistencies in the syallabus, esp the elective in biology 'human story'.

2010 syallabus:
'Ahmad Shah Style-Based Notes, Revised, Edited, Perfected' (he did industrial i did shipwrecks for chemistry, so my shipwrecks was all based on his foot-print plus alot of fixing, he had no diagrams at all in most his notes, i made sure every dot point was covered, literally EVERYTHING).

Now to life, i dont know where Ahmad Shah is or where i could find him, i have big big pull in south-west sydney streets but subhanallah i could never located him. Idk if your allowed to post your insta on here but i had a rough life post HSC now a buisness owner and doing very very well for myself (was an original thinker), and most people that i know that graduated from year 2009/2010 in life now are either married/meh nearly finished there bachelors/some are masters and have head positions.

Hope you guys take heed to the above. Might repost this actually. Hahah. Love you brothers.

Didnt have a flashy title, but had to draw your attention. Yes you will get whats expected, but just have a little read of my story first, you'll enjoy it i promise. Ive waited 3 years to write it.

Original..................... https://boredofstudies.org/threads/ahmad-shah-style-based-notes-revised-edited-perfected.298401/

Tutors? dont really need them, they usually just regurgitate whats in the book or give you simple concise answers to syallabus dotpoints, notes are more important imho.
In summary:

1) never believes the James Ruse or the top kids in your grade, brother they are all studying hard, and were talking get home, eat sleep boom 6pm-12am EASILY, yes some were gentically 'gifted' elites but ALOT ALOT where through hardwork and alot of James Ruse are Chinese, now remember Australian/China government in recent years, the Chinese swarm you with numbers, so only logic tells you a percentage of them where Chinese 'super'-powers as i call it, and this includes their kids. Like to whom that are reading, Brother im talking legit this kid is timed gym, timed to trained, timed to study (we play dota 2 together), and you hear his mom getting read to go gamble or something but he has do his piano lessons. This Kid is ranked 1 in ALL 4 top subjects year 10 for bio chem english maths. This is not genetic, and as Floyd mayweather always screams: HARDWORK, DISCIPLINE.

2) your ranking in the grade is importan (your marks before you apply into uni will be assessment marks [based heavily on scaling, so if your in a good school everone scales up, if shit you must try get top 5 so scaling doesnt the 'average' ji-joes, it was a sensitive created by the government, overseas its pure last test (eg china, arab, columbia) if you fuck you lose; i cannot stress this enough. now pay attention to this carefully At the beginning of each semester, the teacher will come to you for everyone of your 5 subjects, they must by law, he'll give you a half-cut a4 paper about your % for each assessment in each subject is for each term(lets say maths/bio, maths will be split up aka its 100% for assement rank will be split up over 4 exams, but not equivocally be ware right. Lets use the example of biology again right? it will be week 2: quick quiz 10%, week 6: 20%, and w9: trial examination 70%.

Stick this paper infront of you on the wall, now do that for all your other subjects, then always NOTE what week you are in of that year, you will see what % (percentile) is coming up to which week, and which requires more attention. So you might have at week 7: maths 2Unit (30%), and week 7: music 2Unit (30%). But you know your good at music, so logically focus on knowing the knowledge for that subject ORRRRRRRRRR most importantly (because we are assuming your studied in class right)

3) Trial examanations: trial examantions are basically your 'trial' hsc paper by your school to test/trial you to the real thing. This is usually the big boy, most of the time accounting for about 50/60% of each subject. Its usually at week 12? or if some of you guys do 10 weeks, you have to figure it out.

I cannot, CANNOT STRESSS THIS, from the beginning of the year you need to put yourself under exam conditions, wallah i dont care how many notes the size of my head you've written most of you buckle at trial examinations because you have never been put under that much stress. But youll be like how so early bro we just started? there are certain authors out there, that have written questions pertaining to each earlier topic and split up from Years 2019 all the way to 1990. You do those after finishing each chapter, unit in math etc.

4) Understand the differences between independent/CSSA/selective schools; this is VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
Independent; you local 'JOLLYWHILLY HIGH', 'FAIRVALE HIGH', 'CABRAMATTA HIGH', 'Arthur Phillip', 'Seaboyseashock HS'

CSSA (Christian Schools Association); Muslims schools all fall under this category as they sub-sect to the Catholics association, so if your from Malek Fahd Islamic, Sule College, Trinity College, Christian High schools.
Selective Schools; James Ruse, North Sydney Boys, Sydney boys, yadada

Now theres a guy from Alpha Omega, forget his name. Brother this guy drilled trial examinations into the kids head so hard, thats is unbelieveable but the same time beuatiful because everyone was getting minimum mid 70s -99s in their HSC, he had kids cutting up parts of specific topics to make a multicomplex of the above.

But not lets assume you dont have time, if your from say Cabramatta High school right? quickly google it (get a background check), NEVER EVER GO UP to your teachers and ask them esp if you from independent schools 'sir are you gonna use the 2020 music independets trial exam', bro its one way to get middle finer indirectly from them to you, just act dumb, play along. Some independent schools are cheaky however, believ eme when i tell you, they like delving into things and dont end up buying from the independent website (yes its a website, yes an organisation) and make their own (ive seen it with my own eyes), but then again how prepared are you? did you a mix of the above as when through the unit, or you did the 2/3 week before trials LOL.

CSSA: pretty much sums its up, catholics,muslims, jews doesnt matter aslong as your a member, but MOST MUSLIM SCHOOLS ARE so be careful. You have to all the last 10-20 years of each, how you secure your positions my friend. Now before a 'moey H0w u b33n b4b3' comes along and 'wallah ill just wait for my cousin to tell me DA questionz', nope they put a bloke for about 4 weeks (which is usually when your HSC is on moey, so your gonna be in alot of trouble habibi).

Selective: Ruse, North sydney, Sydney boys; ah well really these guys because they scale up soo nicely together that a top 10 rank in any of these subjects is beautifully. Then.....

And this one go out to all the brothers out there; after trials, your rankings for each subject will be called out, eg biology 'paul toe', or chemistry 'vuvundathl katu', etc etc youll be able it work via the sheets i told you to print infront of your computers, because everyone will be knowing how to calculate them (catch them before its too 'late', thats why im trying to catch you guys early in this post (nothing but good intent for my brothers and sisters out there;[/quote]

1575819348852.png

Last edited:

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
Most practise papers makes the 'better' overall in the subject, then complemented by doing each HSC paper for that subject before the exams and you guys are sweet. You need to do all the past HSC's this is a given, like bro if you rock up to the exam with only the last 4 HSC's for each subjects its good dont get me wrong. You can start them earlier on the year, but HSC under exam conditions must be trianed or you will be punished by the whistle of the annoying canteen women in English Advanced im telling you that right now. LOL.

1575818553543.png

PS: My English teacher was so racist when i repeated, i told him 'haha im going to Tafe to do it, its an abrigated course first 6 weeks are year 11 and the rest are 12 and walked off smiling', the brother was burning so hard he went and snitched to the Principle in regards to what i was doing, 'told her legally right, so you cant say anything', shes like 'no i cannot', Thank you. And yes you can, just missions (7:30 -8:30) but we had a Hurstville teacher, who was amazing BAHAHHA, best teachers i tell you. Nah any teacher is a blessing in disguise.

Anyways boys and girls, hope you learnt something. No i did not finish any degree; and i still say this if i were to have any children, if i feel that his 'NOT OBLIGATURY' bruva, then ill pull him and pull into trade early (there is no harm in that). University isnt for everyone, i made it in B.Comm/law (UNSW) 2 years, 1 year physio, and half year raiography, and then another year law UWS.

I was blessed, gifted (had like 3-4 job offers just because well hahahha). Anyways hope everyone has a blessed day and may god bless you with all his might and mercy.
We have a saying in Islam (a revert here, found islam); its touching,

مَنْ يُرِدِ اللَّهُ بِهِ خَيْرًا يُفَقِّهْهُ فِي الدِّينِ
If Allah (God) intends goodness for someone, He gives him understanding of the religion.
Source: Sahih Bukhari 71, Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi

Good luck and god bless to all; if anyone goes to Fairvale highschool say hi to mr barbuto for me, and mr whittle, kathudithil and the eyar 12 advisors and all teachers god bless you guys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)