problem bout ESL syllabus (1 Viewer)

oheaveno

HSC
i have a question on the BOS booklet....
do we need to know ALL the texts in the booklet? i know the advanced people do but i am not quite sure about ESL.....like can they actually just choose one text from the booklet and ask us some questions about it in an exam (even tho they provode the actual text in the paper)? hope you know what i mean..... thanks :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
oheaveno said:
i have a question on the BOS booklet....
do we need to know ALL the texts in the booklet? i know the advanced people do but i am not quite sure about ESL.....like can they actually just choose one text from the booklet and ask us some questions about it in an exam (even tho they provode the actual text in the paper)? hope you know what i mean..... thanks :)
if you are talking about the Stimulus booklet, it doesn't matter whether you are in advanced or in ESL, you are expected to learn ALL of them in class. But you are NOT expected to write all of them in the HSC exam (usually only 1, or 2), even in the Advanced paper.

oheaveno

HSC
sorry i'm still a little bit confused.....you mean i will have to learn all of the texts but not necessarily write about them in an exam.....so if i dont have to write about them why do i have to learn them??
thank you for replying my question.. :D

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
oheaveno said:
sorry i'm still a little bit confused.....you mean i will have to learn all of the texts but not necessarily write about them in an exam.....so if i dont have to write about them why do i have to learn them??
thank you for replying my question.. :D
You learn all of the texts because not everyone will be choosing the same stimulus text to write about. So to give students more varieties, teachers are expected to teach you all of them so different students can choose texts that they are confident in writing about.

oheaveno

HSC
ohh..

i see~!! thanks a lot..^__^
by da way, is it possible to get sum sample essays from pplz hu got good scores in da ESL HSC exam? if so, where can i get them? i just wanna have a brief idea of how good pplz need 2 be 2 go in2 band 6s...coz many pplz said itz real hard

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
oheaveno said:
i see~!! thanks a lot..^__^
by da way, is it possible to get sum sample essays from pplz hu got good scores in da ESL HSC exam? if so, where can i get them? i just wanna have a brief idea of how good pplz need 2 be 2 go in2 band 6s...coz many pplz said itz real hard
Did you look at the "Important" threads of the ESL forum? There are some there. Alternatively, you can borrow the standards packages from your ESL teacher/libraian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)