• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

problem with applying online at Big W/Woolwoths (1 Viewer)

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I tried applying to big w/ woolworths online and I got to the part where you had to fill in your previous work reference. I had no work experience so the form told me if I had none then I need to put a referee instead. The form suggested teachers can be used as referees but then you need the teacher's telephone numbers, address, etc

The problem is that I'm at uni and I don't really know any of the teachers well enough (since I only been at my old school for 2 years) and I doubt they would remember me or even give me their telephone numbers. So what should I do, I can't leave the space blank? What other referees can I put in?

Thanks in advance

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
when i didnt have a job i used to use people who knew me from the family and had seen me do little jobs for people like babysitting or just making something for them or something. I dont think you're allowed to use teachers anymore, or maybe thats just my school.
Just use someone who will put in a few good words :)

click here

to see my profile
HSC
But I'm a lazy bastard and have never done 'jobs' such as babysitting, etc
Do you think it's possible if I use someone in my family or friends?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
dont have like immediate family.. have family friends who have some knowledge of your personality and know what you are like as a worker (whether that be with school/uni or whatever).. i dunno thats what i got told to do

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
or if you're really really stuck maybe a family member with a different last name will do until you find someone else to put there

a neighbour
uni tutor
do some volunteer work and get the supervisor to be a referee

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Will they check?
If I say fake my brother name and just give them his phone number, they won't know right?
Is the referee really that important?

sarevok

HSC
click here said:
Will they check?
If I say fake my brother name and just give them his phone number, they won't know right?
Is the referee really that important?
coles myer, it's part of their business policy to check referees - they have to do it.
other places, kfc, maccas, etc. , don't care and won't bother. so it depends where you apply.

G

Gavvvvvin

Too bad Woolworths isnt Coles Myer.

Just put down a fake referee. Its not like their gonna ring your them before you even go in for an interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)