Problem with my car (1 Viewer)

munchybuddy

HSC
I bought a new car this year- only about 3 months ago its a lancer
The dash was ratteling so i took it to the mechanics and they fixed it.
Now theres a noise in near the front wheel- like a clanging whenever i go over a speedhump, driveway etc. Ive gotta take it to the mechanic again to fix it.

My friend told me that Mitsubishis r'nt that gooda cars, so now i am really worried.
Does ne1 else hav one that plays up alot 2, or do u think they actually r good cars.

CieL

HSC
Dashes rattle?!
Tried going over speedhumps slower?

I never liked mechanics.. it seems like whenever we brought our car in to get fixed, we'd get it back with more problems.. so recently we've only been taking it to our family friend, someone who we can trust that won't screw up our cars so we'd need to take it in again and again..

Never owned a Mitsu. Never will. Unless it's the Evo.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Did you buy it new? New Mitsu's have the Diamond advantage thing. Five year warranty or 130,000 kms. Take it back to the dealer

I have a lancer. works fine.

Pace_T

HSC
did the noise from the front wheel start immediately after the mechanic returned the car back to u? if not, maybe the two problems aren't related at all. anyway get it checked out and suggest that maybe their previous work was the cause of the current problem. that way they should look at it for free. thats what i do if there's ever a problem that arose just after i got it back from the mechanic.

ciel i think your just generalising a bit too much. i dont think it's their mentality to make sure there's other problems with the cars before they hand them back over to their customers :)

jest3r

HSC
I drive around in a mitsubishi colt 06, and its still driving quite well since I bought it. As mr brightside has said, you can always utilise your car warranty. Just out of curiosity, what caused the rattling in your dashboard?

munchybuddy

HSC
jest3r said:
I drive around in a mitsubishi colt 06, and its still driving quite well since I bought it. As mr brightside has said, you can always utilise your car warranty. Just out of curiosity, what caused the rattling in your dashboard?
It was missing a dashboard cluster or something- i dunno but they said that if it wasnt under warrenty it would have cost me like 800 bucks.

I was gunna take it back to the dealer cause its under warrenty but now i dunno if i trust them. I no its for free and all but i think ill take it to my local mechanic (who i'm friends with) to have a look and then if there is somethin really wrong with it then ill take it back to the dealer to get fixed.

CieL

HSC
Pace_T said:
ciel i think your just generalising a bit too much. i dont think it's their mentality to make sure there's other problems with the cars before they hand them back over to their customers :)
Possibly.

Maybe it's not their mentality, but their lack of capacity.

One of my ex's used to be an apprentice mechanic.. first year, had no idea what he was doing, yet he was told to do things to the cars brought in..

I wouldnt be surprised if he screwed things up and didnt know it.

spangacrab

HSC
Sounds like the bearings are going or maybe some really rooted Tie Rod Ends.

7th Sign

HSC
sounds like your front CV's are gone from your front suspension, it defiantly sounds like a suspension related problem it could be expensive to fix.

Mitsubishi's are a relatively decent car, over all they are not that bad.

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
7th Sign said:
sounds like your front CV's are gone from your front suspension, it defiantly sounds like a suspension related problem it could be expensive to fix.

Mitsubishi's are a relatively decent car, over all they are not that bad.
Hondas are the way to go, amirite ;)

Mitsubishi's are actually fairly decent according to my friends who drive them, but I've never owned one. I'd say 7th is right, my money would be on the suspension.

Jiga

Toyota and Honda the best for trouble free driving. Whatever you do dont go near the local brands Ford and more so Holden... the VE has had 3 recalls to date compared to something like the Aurion which has had NONE. Worse yet are the things being recalle, safety issues like fuel pump and seat belts and now battery draingage where if people hadnt driven their cars for 24 hours some part was draining them dry!!!

Zozo6969

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Toyota and Honda the best for trouble free driving. Whatever you do dont go near the local brands Ford and more so Holden... the VE has had 3 recalls to date compared to something like the Aurion which has had NONE. Worse yet are the things being recalle, safety issues like fuel pump and seat belts and now battery draingage where if people hadnt driven their cars for 24 hours some part was draining them dry!!!
we hav 2 mazdas, and thought they were up to typical jap quality. but they are both 4 years old, one has had 2 recalls recently and the other has had oone about 2 years ago. the one 2 years ago was for some air hose, which they replaced with the faulty one, and which consequently broke. even tho mazdas are great designed and all that shit, they're still not up to jap quality like honda and toyota

Jiga

Yeah Mazda are up their with Toyota and Honda... Id get one over the local brands thats for sure, 3 recalls in 1 year on the VE which was meant to be extensively tested! All cars get recalls at some point, but it seems certain brands experience them far more frequently.

HSC
munchybuddy said:
I bought a new car this year- only about 3 months ago its a lancer
The dash was ratteling so i took it to the mechanics and they fixed it.
Now theres a noise in near the front wheel- like a clanging whenever i go over a speedhump, driveway etc. Ive gotta take it to the mechanic again to fix it.

My friend told me that Mitsubishis r'nt that gooda cars, so now i am really worried.
Does ne1 else hav one that plays up alot 2, or do u think they actually r good cars.
steering bush for sure!! check that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)