Problem (1 Viewer)

JasmineNuytre

I AM ACTUALLY BIGPOLE
HSC
My sister is currently doing a BA @ UNSW, but her dream is to do Law, as I am doing, however she is having trouble deciding between these two options and as you all know (seem to know) your stuff, how about some advice?

1. She can either finish her BA, get into grad law/jd at usyd, unsw etc
2. Transfer now into UWS combined law (she can get credit transfer, can't she?)
3. Shes on a pass/credit average now, so transferring into combined law at the "top" unies wouldn't be the best idea, unless she tries really hard next semester and gets a D average

In your opinions, what is the best plan?

Last edited:

Andi0390

HSC
I think that if your sister is only getting pass/credits in Arts, law may not be for her. Many of my friends are doing Arts/Law, and are getting not brilliant but reasonable marks in their Law classes and HD's in their Arts.

I would just be worried that her standard is not up to par with the rest of the law course. Besides, depending on what she wants to do after uni, UWS may not provide the correct standard of course, but I don't know how any of that works.

Domm

HSC
If getting Ps and Cs then its probably not going to be possible to transfer into Sydney or UNSW law is it? I think you'd need at least a D average from what I've read.

I have an arts degree from Sydney and was recently accepted into the UTS JD with not fantastic marks (but there's a long story behind that). If she were going to finish her UG degree then get a graduate law degree UTS (or even UNE by distance or one of other unis) might be a goer and then if you do well in the first couple of semesters of that you can transfer into Sydney Uni or UNSW if that's important.

On the whole in my experience getting anything once you've already got a degree is much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)