• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Problems with exam papers? (1 Viewer)

Miffy

Has anyone else here had heaps of errors in their half yearly papers? Every exam i have had has had plenty and i'm really sick of it. It's really disrupting when teachers are coming in all the time and telling us the corrections. It has totally put me off. I mean i know mistakes happen but this time it is out of control.

Who do i complain to about this? Deputy pricipal, head teachers of departments or even the board of studies??

If anyone has any imput to this it would help.

Shiloh

HSC
Yeah, I wouldn't stress too much. Its only school set stuff, thats the teacher's problem. Worry about more important things....tis cooool.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Miffy
Has anyone else here had heaps of errors in their half yearly papers? Every exam i have had has had plenty and i'm really sick of it. It's really disrupting when teachers are coming in all the time and telling us the corrections. It has totally put me off. I mean i know mistakes happen but this time it is out of control.

Who do i complain to about this? Deputy pricipal, head teachers of departments or even the board of studies??

If anyone has any imput to this it would help.
yeah that happenes out our school. if u really feel the need to complain it would be like the teacher/head teacher i think if it is just an exam set by your school. I know interruptions r annoying but it is even annoyinger when they have a mistake and dont tell ya and you are trying to figure out what to do!

Giant Lobster

HSC
What's more annoying is when you get to a question you can't do, given the school's crap history of making exams with errors, you immediately assume the question is wrong and you make an idiot out of urself by writing some half arsed proof at why the question is wrong. Then when the paper comes back it turns out you were wrong. :(

dw that only happens to me i bet.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ actually thatz happened to me b4, but now i have been taught to take the question for face value, ie dont read in it and think it must mean this, it means what it says

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
speak to the head teacher or if your school has one, the curriculum co-ordinator as at the end of the day (ie, they have to have proofed the papers if they follow any sort of system- you might attend a slacker HS!!), its their stuffup and you have the right to be concerned if its your marks that are affected...
If that doesnt work, go to the principal.
BTW: The BOS would probably laugh at you if you disturbed them re this issue as its a school problem, not theirs.....
Like girl04 said, *always* accept papers at face value and answer accordingly.....

Miffy

Yeah i realised i had over reacted about the issue, but i was just so angry. Thanks for everyones imput. I think i'm gonna see the co-ordinators of the subjects and see what they say.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
you immediately assume the question is wrong and you make an idiot out of urself by writing some half arsed proof at why the question is wrong. Then when the paper comes back it turns out you were wrong. :(
Haha I did that in the School Certificate Mathematics exam in 2001! There was a question with something about the 'nth' degree and I had never heard of it and thought it was a typo so I crossed the 'n' out and tunred it into a 9 and answered the question like that!!
Here I was sitting there all smugly thinking BOS had made some huge typo.....needless to say I didn't continue on with maths!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
lol i had my ext 1 paper today and the first question was calculate (some integral) to decimal places... HOW MANY? WHA? yeah but that was only teeny

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
One of the people in my business studies exam changed sex halfway through the question.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if you really wanna complain, fill out an illness/misadventure form...my aunty used to do supervision & ppl put them in for things lil things like birds fighting on the roof...if you think it might effect your mark, put a form in, even if its something gay like too much light on your paper or something...anything for more marks lol

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
That happens in at least one exam a day during the exam weeks. But there's not much you can do about it if it's the school who's set up the questions.

You could probably complain to your deputy principle if it constantly happens like every year. But then again maybe this time they just got complacent and couldn't be bothered to properly check over the answers or something... you never know.

Marie-Paule

mmm i have all the right information in my answers but i dont use the right terminology n that makes me loose marks its so fustrating

Blackalicious

HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
What's more annoying is when you get to a question you can't do, given the school's crap history of making exams with errors, you immediately assume the question is wrong and you make an idiot out of urself by writing some half arsed proof at why the question is wrong. Then when the paper comes back it turns out you were wrong. :(

dw that only happens to me i bet.
nope happened to me in my Physics assessment last week and then my teacher proceeded to tell me what an idiot i was infront of the entire class....:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)