Problems with Max Payne 2 (1 Viewer)

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
Has anyone bought Max Payne 2: Fall of Payne (PC) and got it working alright? It installs just fine but when I try to play it, I get the intro video and then it just gives me some error (can't be bothered reinstalling it to find out what the error is). Im running XP, anyone know what's going on? Is this a dud cd? Should I return in? Or is it a problem with my computer?

sunny

meh.
HSC
First thing you can try is reinstalling/upgrading your graphics card drivers, and reinstalling DirectX

santaslayer

HSC
get newer direct X, also check if your video card stuffed up or if u have missibng system .dlls?
at first i thought this thread was about the crappiness of max payne...i had so much to talk about...LoLz :p

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
Sorry can't remember the error and I appreciate that youre trying to help out but I really cant be screwed installing the game again, too much hassle. I've got a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 (yeh I know its not that good but I know people on the net with the same graphics card who got it working...argh!). Anyway, I'll give another go at installing it tonight... if it doesnt work I'll just return it in, and buy Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (I played a bit of it on Xbox, seemed pretty cool) or some other game... any ideas?

edit: whats the newest version of DX? 9.0b?

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
yup that's the newest directX but your graphics card does not support its new features. so upgrade.. but i wouldn't bother too much.. some games required that you do but yeah...

if it doens't run... well i can't help you anymore :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)